- Part Time
- 221 Tuytenbridge Rd, Kingston, NY 12401
Per Diem Residential Counselor
MHA in Ulster County, Inc. has per-diem opportunities available in residential programs working with adults recovering from mental illness who may also have substance abuse problems. Per-Diem Residential Counselors are called on an as-needed basis to provide support and guidance, teach life skills, and prepare individuals with mental illness and/or substance abuse issues to live more independently in the community.
- Serve as an advocate for program participants and assist with programming, employment and public assistance as needed.
- Provide a supportive environment; function as a positive role model and motivator for the program participants.
- Instruct and assist residents in daily living skills including but not limited to budgeting, meal planning and preparation, hygiene, performance of general housekeeping duties, use of public transportation and development of social skills.
- Supervise the administration and taking of medication as required and document in the MARS.
- Implementation of individual service plans and record progress notes monthly.
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of program participants in accordance with policies, procedures and OMH certifying regulations.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Human Service related field preferred.
- Must have a clean, valid, NYS driver license with 3 years of licensed driving experience.
- Experience working with adults with mental illness preferable.