Full time, Year Round
Overnight Spa Attendant - Housekeeping
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Thoroughly cleans and maintains all public and back areas of the Spa wing during off hours of operation. Ensures all areas for guests use are sanitized, clean, and any safety concerns are reported immediately to appropriate parties to prepare the Spa wing for guest enjoyment throughout the day.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work productively with or without supervision when performing routine tasks and demonstrate initiative by completing other work-related tasks (i.e. deep cleaning) when idle.
- Wet mop specialized flooring in salon, verandas, treatment rooms, pool and lobby, fitness lobby, and spa prep room following protocols.
- Vacuum all carpet areas following protocols and paying close attention to detail such as corners and under furniture.
- Scrub pool deck and vacuum pool as directed.
- Scrub and sanitize steam rooms and saunas per protocol.
- Sanitize touch point areas and complete checklist daily.
- Sanitize all tile areas including showers following protocols.
- Report damaged or missing furnishings or decorative items to supervisory staff.
- Remove trash from public areas including all hallways, verandas, changing areas, staircases, public entrances, restrooms, elevators, and sanitize receptacles.
- Remove recyclable materials from offices and public areas to be collected and stored in designated containers.
- Complete tasks within deadlines and as tasked with changing priorities and conditions.
- Complete shift check list for duties assigned.
- Clean windows and glass surfaces routinely and as directed for deep cleaning.
- Clean designated areas according to set guidelines and protocols.
- Assist with laundry duties periodically including loading, unloading of commercial washer/dryers, sorting and folding of linens.
- Follow proper use of approved chemicals and accurately label chemical containers.
- Identify safety hazards, report, and follow up to see that corrective action is taken.
- Inform supervisor of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees, or hotel assets.
- Maintain all cleaning equipment used and report to supervisor any necessary repairs immediately.
- Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required.
- Wear Proper Protective Equipment when performing tasks that recommend such equipment.
- Adhere to Mohonk Mountain House’s Dress and Grooming Standards; presenting a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance and maintaining a positive, professional image to our customers.
- Attend daily shift briefing, events, programs, and trainings as needed to enforce and support Mohonk Mountain House policies and culture.
- Attend trainings as needed to develop work knowledge and safety.
- Demonstrate high moral character in handling lost items and valuables turning them in immediately to designated Spa Lost and Found/Safety and Security.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other staff.
- Learn and successfully demonstrate the Mohonk Mountain House Service Steps with Service Strategies with guests and staff.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule for overnight including weekdays/weekends, holidays, and during peak periods of business.
- Act calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Inspect the work of others by touch, sight, sound and smell for conformance to prescribed standards.
- Lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to four feet and carry a distance of up to 50 feet with/without assistance. Walk up to 3 miles per day.
- Maneuver carts or dollies safely with loads up to 200 pounds through passageways, elevators, or outdoors up to 100 feet.
- Operate vehicles safely while driving and/or parking in compliance with Mohonk Mountain House Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- Perform repetitive hand and arm movements.
- Reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, stoop, twist and flex arms, walk up and down stairs/inclines, sit, climb up/down ladders or stand for up to 5 hours at a time.
- See close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Speak, read and write the English language and communicate in a clear and congenial manner, with our guests, visitors, and employees. Hear verbal instructions, directions and warnings.
- Valid Driver’s License and at least 21 years of age, or 20 years of age with at least two years of licensed driving experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.