FULL TIME /TEMP TO PERM
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Schedule, Pay & Location:
- HOURS: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, NO WEEKENDS!
- PAY RANGE: $15.88-19.85 (with verified experience)
- LOCATION: Staatsburg, NY
- Requires Background Check and Drug Screen
- Responsible for ensuring the repair and maintenance of facilities in accordance with State regulations or Department procedures.
- Necessary Skills: Painting/Taping and Carpentry
- Performs assigned tasks efficiently and in a professional workmanlike manner.
- Ensures areas of responsibility are clean and sanitary at all times.
- Performs work in compliance with all applicable state and local codes.
- Follows the Operations Department policy on processing of work orders.
- Provides the necessary tools to accomplish those tasks assigned; uses those tools in a safe, effective manner.
- Completes those jobs assigned from start to cleanup and paperwork, maintaining daily log to chronicle activities.
Performs carpentry services to ensure the repair and maintenance of all facilities.
- Read blueprints, drawings, and sketches to understand scope of work.
- Takes measurements and calculates the size and amount of material needed.
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber according to measurements or drawings.
- Build window frames, doors, staircases or like items by using raw materials.
- Lay out floorings or drywall ensuring they are level and compatible.
- Assemble and install furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items.
Ensures adherence to the following Department standards.
- Maintains a high level of personal grooming.
- Wears the designated uniform and work boots in clean condition and good repair.
- Cooperates fully with all staff and speaks with respect.
- Utilizes power and hand tools in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Performs assigned work in a timely fashion and in a safe and secure manner.
- Uses best problem solution and method of correction and advises immediate supervisor of unanticipated problems or where additional assistance may be required to complete a task.
- Remains current with all mandatory trainings.
Participate in mandatory rotating maintenance on-call and snow removal.
- Responsible for reporting and/or responding to events as requested.
- Performs all activities to ensure the safety or program participants and staff.
- Coordinates with Health & Safety to ensure follow up services are communicated.