Share with friends:
FULL TIME / POSSIBLE TEMP TO PERM
COMPRESSION PRESS OPERATOR
Schedule and Pay:
- HOURS: Monday-Friday, 1st Shift (6:30am-2:30pm)
- PAY: $15/hour
- Possible TEMP TO PERM
- LOCATION: Beacon, NY
- Background and Drug Screen REQUIRED
- Runs one or more automatic compression molding presses at a time.
- Uses previously prepared “pre-forms” or “make readies” composed of plastic sheet, calendered rubber, coated or cemented fabric, etc. as raw materials or may assemble various materials into pre-forms before loading cavities.
- Places “pre-forms” into loading fixture and transfers them to mold cavities from fixture, sheet loads multiple cavities, or hand loads “make-ups” into mold cavities.
- One set of loading frames may be used alternately by operators based upon availability and compatibility with job being run.
- Removes molded parts from press and places them on table to cool, or on special cooling fixtures.
- Cleans and lubricates mold cavities as instructed or as required.
- Loads mold cavity, closes press and starts cure cycle.
- During the cure cycle dust the part, remove flash, divide sheet, and/or visually inspect the molded part.
- Spot check parts during cure cycle and report any abnormal appearance to supervisor for quality concerns.
- Follows safety practices and maintains good housekeeping.
- Reports any unsafe conditions found in the plant.
- Fills out requisitions and report forms in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Performs all duties as assigned by manager, supervisor and/or group leader.
- Has the ability to take own initiative to fully utilize time.
Education, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalency diploma
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Able to identify parts that do not meet quality requirements using appropriate tools.
- Able to work as part of a team or independently as required.