Share with friends:
Systems Engineer IV - AdministrationJOB SCOPE
The System Engineer IV will lead in the planning, design, development, implementation, and execution of innovative application and platform solutions related to security, service delivery, data center and service desk management, OSS, and BSS systems. These interfaces span a variety of different API protocols including SOAP, REST, XML-RPC and other proprietary formats. Drives identification and adoption of best in class operational practices and procedures across a multidimensional, high complexity back office space for business as usual tasks, deployment, incident management, monitoring and detection, capacity planning, forecasting, resiliency, hardening, and DR/HA. Designs and establishes corporate operational playbooks, standard operating procedures, develops and implements platform enhancements and makes recommendations for improvements. Leads implementation of approved application and data center architecture and designs and security solutions. Role will include responsibilities for system administration using industry standard management tools. Strong communication skills and ability to work closely within a team will be paramount.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead in the planning, design, development, implementation, and execution of innovative application and platform solutions related to security, service delivery, data center and service desk management, OSS, and BSS systems.
- Review current systems and present ideas for improvements.
- Follow best practices of software development including the use of design patterns, algorithms, unit testing, peer review, and documentation..
- Maintain and troubleshoot applications.
- Maintain understanding of available technologies and recommend valuable tools and frameworks.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Perform other duties as requested by Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years experience with VMWare Architecture and Linux/Unix
- Minimum of three (3) years experience with Storage Arrays and Ansible
- Minimum of three (3) years experience with Compute – Dell and HPE hardware
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Video Control and Distribution Systems
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with RedHat Cloudforms
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Advanced knowledge of Continuous Integration, System Administration and Unix Administration
- Strong knowledge of HTTP and APIs
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Capable of handling multiple projects and tasks
- Technical understanding of VM Ware Architecture and design, experience with scalable planning of said architecture
- Technical self-starter with the ability to diagnose and resolve issues independently.