Share with friends:
Systems Engineer II - Video Support CenterJOB SCOPE
The Systems Engineer II - Video Support Center-Systems is responsible for providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for the resolution of outages and service impairments in a 24x7x365 operation for the assigned shift. The Engineer is also responsible for reliable, consistent operation of these systems to provide a quality entertainment and information experience for our customers. The video systems included in this team’s purview include Video Back-Office Systems, Conditional Access Systems, Switched Digital Video Systems and Video on Demand Systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming, trouble resolution, operations and maintenance of systems, applications and equipment used in the provisioning and delivery of Interactive Services.
- Providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for all video systems within Charter Communications.
- Responsible for reliable, consistent operation of video systems to provide a quality entertainment and information experience for our customers.
- Perform detailed trouble diagnosis, track and update problems in trouble ticketing system.
- Develop problem resolution procedures to meet serviceability requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years Engineering work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of experience performing application configuration, programming, installation, and maintenance within a Systems Administration capacity
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working with Unix/Linux based client / server systems and applications
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Sunday thru Wednesday - 9:00 PM to 8:00 AM
- Ability to work with Unix / Linux operating systems; specifically experience with RedHat, and Solaris.
- Knowledge of leading systems and applications support for complex, high-reliability systems and architectures supporting video services or back-offices.
- Direct experience and knowledge of VOD systems including AMS, catchers, caches, streamers and associated VOD back-offices.
- Knowledge of Conditional Access controllers, such as; Cisco DNCSs and Arris DACs, as well as, Switched Digital Video systems from vendors, such as; Arris and Cisco.
- Equivalent work experience such as Linus systems administration, Windows systems administration or demonstrable cable head end experience.
- SCTE - Understanding Network Technology.
- Ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience working with Unix/Linux based client/server systems and applications.
- Experience and knowledge of Charter back office systems such as Mystro and Spectrum.
- Working experience within Telecommunications industry.
- System Administration of complex Unix environments and associated certifications (RHCSA, RHCE).