- Wrightsville, PA
Order Selector- 3rd Shift
Ace Distributing is the leading beer distributor in south central Pennsylvania. Every day, thousands of people across the region enjoy the beverages that we deliver. We've been recognized by the Brewers and National Beer Wholesalers Associations as the 2016, 2014 and 2013 Craft Beer Distributor of the Year. We serve more than 1500 brands from more than 79 suppliers at more than 900 local retail locations in Lancaster, York, Adams, Franklin, Fulton and Cumberland counties. We are committed to building local partnerships in those communities, using local vendors for services, supplies and equipment. We provide superior service and expertise in the industry for our suppliers and customers.
In your role as an ACE Distributing Order Selector, you will be part of our success by:
- Picking and checking customer orders accurately and efficiently in accordance with company established productivity and accuracy expectations
- Check product code dates and rotate product to ensure product freshness
- Performing daily inspections on all safety sensitive equipment (trucks/forklift/electric jacks) to be utilized in preparing of orders as per OSHA and DOT regulations and report equipment issues to management.
- Keep warehouse, equipment and work environment clean and organized throughout the shift
- Perform all job functions and operate all equipment in a safe and orderly fashion at all times
- Maintaining a professional appearance and reporting to work wearing a clean and neat company uniform
- Report any accident or injuries immediately.
- Being familiar with and adhering to work schedule and company attendance policies
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
As well as a strong desire to learn and succeed, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent preferred.
- Considerations will be made with persons possessing proper experience in absence of diploma or GED relevant to position they are applying for.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relations with fellow Ace employees and Ace customers.
- Must have a positive attitude with the ability to listen and appropriately respond to constructive coaching from fellow employees and members of management.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift 30 pounds regularly and 180 pounds frequently, 3 feet off the ground; stand; continuous use of hands and arms to reach for product. The employee is frequently required climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Forklift, walkie rider, and electric pallet jack certified experience
- Beverage Industry experience
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Must be flexible to support a 24/7 operation, which may exceed a normal 8 hour workday