- Wrightsville, PA
Order Selector - 2nd Shift
Position Summary: Prepare orders, load and unload trucks, adhering to all company work rules and regulations.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an ACE Distributing Order Selector, you will be part of our success by:
- Picking and checking customer orders accurately and efficiently in accordance with company established productivity and accuracy expectations
- Check product code dates and rotate product to ensure product freshness
- Performing daily inspections on all safety sensitive equipment (trucks/forklift/electric jacks) to be utilized in preparing of orders as per OSHA and DOT regulations and report equipment issues to management.
- Keep warehouse, equipment and work environment clean and organized throughout the shift
- Perform all job functions and operate all equipment in a safe and orderly fashion at all times
- Maintaining a professional appearance and reporting to work wearing a clean and neat company uniform
- Report any accident or injuries immediately.
- Being familiar with and adhering to work schedule and company attendance policies
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a strong desire to learn and succeed, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent preferred.
- Considerations will be made with persons possessing proper experience in absence of diploma or GED relevant to position they are applying for.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relations with fellow Ace employees and Ace customers
- Must have a positive attitude with the ability to listen and appropriately respond to constructive coaching from fellow employees and members of management
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift 30 pounds regularly and 180 pounds frequently, 3 feet off the ground; stand; continuous use of hands and arms to reach for product. The employee is frequently required climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Fork lift, walkie rider, and electric pallet jack certified experience
- Beverage Industry experience
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Must be flexible to support a 24/7 operation, which may exceed a normal 8 hour workday
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Also, frequently required to walk, sit, talk, hear, use hands and fingers to operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must be able to lift up to thirty pounds regularly; thirty five to fifty pounds frequently, one hundred seventy pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties as assigned, might be part of the job. This job description does not constitute an employment contract; the employment relationship between Ace Distributing and the employee is an at-will relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.