Support multiple client networks and servers
We are seeking a Network/ Server Administrator to configure, install, maintain, and support our growing network client base in Northeastern Indiana and Northwestern Ohio. Applicants must be ambitious, hardworking, organized, and able to provide excellent customer service while either working alone or with a team.
In this role, you will be installing and supporting Windows Server Operating Systems, layer 2/3 switches and Unified Threat Management appliances. You will also perform daily maintenance on network servers via remote desktop or onsite visits. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Implement and administer networks.
· Monitor daily data backups and troubleshoot failures.
· Support workstations in an Active Directory environment.
· Respond to user requests in a timely manner when receiving phone calls from users having hardware, software, data communication and/or email issues.
· Support servers and computers.
· Install and support network printers, workstation printers and networked copiers
· Provide ongoing network support following installation, including equipment, connectivity, user, and network administrative support.
· Work with customer’s IT staff in suggesting and implementing improvements and solving problems.
· Research and analyze problems, respond to customer concerns and needs; prepare reports to be submitted to management; and develop business/technical solutions to problems.
· Work with sales staff to recommend, design and implement technology solutions.
As an active Managed Services Provider (MSP) you will be working with several clients to support, maintain and recommend upgrades to their hardware and networks.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills required for this position:
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field or equivalent number of year’s work experience.
· MCSE Certification or equivalent work experience.
· Active Directory and Exchange experience.
· Virtualization experience in VMware, Hyper-V or VirtualBox.
· VoIP equipment installation and troubleshooting experience.
· Telecommunications experience with Tier 1 and Tier 2 carriers.
· PC antivirus and malware removal experience.
· Excellent communication and customer service skills both in person and over the telephone.
· Experience in both network and client security as well as network architecture knowledge.
· Ability to troubleshoot technical problems in an efficient and logical manner.
· Ability to create and maintain clear and concise documentation relating to network configurations.
· Ability to conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards.
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.