Part Time Driver- Commercial Truck Division
Are you looking for a steady part-time opportunity with a reliable and well-known company?
Do you want a schedule that stays consistent from week to week so that you can have better work/home life balance?
Are you seeking a fun and friendly work environment where management actually listens to and cares about their employees?
The Enterprise Truck Rental Division has an immediate opening for a part time truck driver starting their day at our Commerce City location. Our Truck Rental Division provides transportation solutions within the commercial truck industry, renting business to business. The Driver delivers a diverse fleet of Medium- Duty trucks and in some instances, customers, employees or vendors safely and timely to the appropriate destination(s) while giving helpful, courteous and professional service.
This position is a true part time opportunity for20 - 25 hours/week.
Compensation is $12.00/hour
5375 Newport St
Commerce City, 80022
Monday: 7:00am-3:00pm, Tuesday: 7:00am-2:00pm, Wednesday: OFF, Thursday: 7:00am-3:00pm, Friday: 7:00am-3:00pm, Saturday: OFF, Sunday: OFF
The Part Time Truck Driver is responsible for the transporting of fleet trucks and vans to and from rental locations, as well as navigating written directions.
- Drive and deliver vehicles locally or out of area as needed, following all rules of the road
- Deliver customers and vehicles to appropriate destination in a safe and courteous manner
- Ride with or follow another driver to drop off vehicle(s) or pick up multiple vehicles
- Organize travel route and ensure vehicle paperwork is accurate and timely
- May need to communicate via 2-way radio or cellular phone
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Notify manager of any potential unsafe equipment, conditions and vehicle problems
- Perform basic maintenance such as tire pressure, check fluids, replace marker lights, the lift gate, etc.
- Keep work area, tools, and equipment organized and in clean and working condition
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance
WORKING CONDITIONS/EQUIPMENT USED:
- Moderate physical activity- requires handling of average-weight objects (up to 25 pounds) or standing and/or walking of more than 4 hours per day
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements such as temperature, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises
- Exposure to constant hot, cold, wet, humid or windy conditions caused by weather
- Contact with water or other liquids; or exposure to non-weather related humid conditions
- Work environment involves exposure to physical risks such as operating dangerous equipment (near moving mechanical parts), operating vehicles or working with or near toxic and caustic (corrosive) chemicals
- Equipment used- a large variety of ERAC vehicles (may include a 15 passenger van or Box Truck), safety belts, 2 way radio or cellular phone, phone system, computer equipment, printer, fax, safe, car jack, Slim Jim/wedge, jump box, vacuum, water hose, cleaning and polishing solutions, towel/rag, brush, stain remover, air freshener, power washer and dryer where available, bolt cutters, air compressor, tire gauge, tread depth tool.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license with no more than two moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years.
- No drug or alcohol related convictions (ie., DUI/DWI) on driving record in the past 5 years
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- DOT Requirements: We are subject to certain Department of Transportation Regulations:
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and be qualified to drive under D.O.T regulations. Applicants will be required to submit to and successfully complete a D.O.T. medical examination to become DOT Certified.