- Part Time
- New Castle, DE 19720
Adjunct Faculty - College of Social & Behavioral Sciences Psych
College of Social & Behavioral Sciences Psychology Program
There are openings to teach Face-to-Face only in the Psychology program at locations in Delaware and New Jersey.
Wilmington University is committed to academic excellence in our classrooms; relevant programs in our curriculum; and caring, personal attention to our students. One of our great strengths is the enthusiastic, personal involvement of our trustees, administrators, faculty, staff, and alumni in creating a sense of community. We believe that the opportunity for higher education should be available to all who seek it, and we will continue to meet the ongoing challenges that higher education presents in the years ahead. Not all programs/courses are offered at every Wilmington University location - please refer to the University's website for additional information.
The Bachelor of Science degree program in Psychology provides a solid, broad–based education for students preparing for a career in the helping professions, organizations, business, or government. Successful students will also be able to continue their formal education at the graduate level.
Applicants must be able to teach on campus in the classroom. Adjunct teaching applicants are expected to have strong oral and written communications skills, and have work experiences in the discipline in which they expect to teach. Experience teaching at the post–secondary education level is preferred. Applicants are required to have a minimum of a Master’s degree in psychology or closely related field (e.g., family science, social work, education) from an accredited institution, provide a writing sample (see below for requirements) and:
• Understand the mission and values of Wilmington University.
• Submit a Teaching Philosophy, following these guidelines: Provide a description of your teaching philosophy. Your description should be no more than 1.5 pages in length and should include the following information: (1) A brief statement (5-7 sentences) explaining how you plan to provide excellence in teaching, relevancy of curriculum, and individual attention to students, which is the cornerstone of Wilmington University’s mission statement. (2) Based on your statement above, please briefly answer the following questions: (a) Explain your beliefs, theories and/or methods regarding teaching and how they shape your concept of successful teaching?
(b) How do you know when you are teaching effectively? (c) How do you develop and maintain positive relationships with students? (d) How do you create a supportive learning environment? and (3) Include a summary of your thoughts on education and the role that you feel you could play in developing students to be successful in their discipline, career, and life. (This statement should be attached via the attachments area of the application.)
• Effective computer skills and be able to use MS Office software.
• Experience in using a Learning Management System is a plus.
• If hired, must complete Wilmington University’s Learning Management System training (Canvas Basic and Advanced, plus the 3-week online training program, Hybrid Online Training (HOT)
• Must be able to abide by tight deadlines required of 7-week Block and 13-week format curricula.
• Must have knowledge of various instructional strategies designed to meet the course instructional objectives and add to student learning.
• Must be able to develop a personalized course outline designed to follow a generic syllabus provided by the University.
• Must be able to provide relevant work experience to the instructional content of the course.
• Qualified applicants may be asked to present a writing sample
• Qualified Applicants may be asked to present a 10-minute teaching sample for the
Program’s Director and Chair as part of the interview process.
To apply: Complete the application, attach your resume, include a cover letter indicating the courses you would like to be considered for and your qualifications for teaching those courses, submit a copy of your transcripts for the highest degree earned, and attach the required teaching philosophy statement. Applications not including the required information listed may not be considered.
For complete course descriptions, please refer to the University’s website at
Limited Benefits: Tuition (after eligibility is met), 403(b) Employee Participation
Apply at: https://apptrkr.com/2276818
For program information, please refer to the University’s website at