Pest Control & Termite Technicians
Looking for a career in a company you can grow with? Come join the largest and fastest-growing independently-owned pest control company in the area. Currently ranked as the 57th largest Pest Control company in North America, Black Diamond is looking to further expand its pest control and termite divisions.
Never considered a job in the pest control industry before? No problem! Come join our team of professionals and find out why CareerCast.com chose Pest Control Technicians to be in the top 100 best careers in America.
We have several permanent, full-time positions open for:
- Pest Control Technicians
- Termite Technicians
We are looking for self-motivated, enthusiastic, adroit individuals who have a strong desire to succeed in a competitive field. We are a high-tech company employing the latest in technologies to more effectively manage our clients, their pest-control needs, and reduce our environmental impact. We need free-thinking technicians who aren't afraid to leave a desk behind and work independently, under their own direction.
This position is at our Northern Kentucky location.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive a company vehicle to client sites to provide pest prevention services in a safe and professional manner.
- Work to exceed client expectations, making suggestions to clients on how to avoid future pest problems when appropriate.
- Involve others in solving clients' pest control problems when the solution is unclear.
- Project a professional image, always remaining friendly, pleasant, courteous and professional when dealing with clients.
- Seek out potential clients, build route density by finding new prospective clients, look for ways to add value to existing clients.
- Manage schedule and route to find ways to include any unscheduled event or stops into the daily route.
- Perform effectively without direct supervision, even when given minimal direction.
- Adapt quickly to change and respond well to working under tight deadlines.
- Work in a safe manner by adhering to OSHA laws, state requirements, and Black Diamond's policies and procedures.
- Maintain a proper inventory of tools, equipment, and materials in the assigned company vehicle.
- Participate in training opportunities to enhance knowledge and meet requirements for state licensing and safety standards.
- Use strong time-management skills to organize their own work, making effective use of time to finish tasks in an efficient manner.
- Act dependably to correctly finish all tasks the first time.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements for Pest Control and Termite Technicians
- No prior experience necessary--we will train you!
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Capable of using touch-screen tablet and phone interfaces, insecticide application equipment, inspection equipment, and small hand-tools
- Be detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must pass a drug screening and standard background check
- Must be willing to work extended hours and Saturdays when necessary
The average starting salary for technicians with no prior pest control experience is between $30,000 and $45,000 per year.
- Top industry pay
- Health benefits
- Retirement plan
- Bonus programs
- Paid vacations & holidays
You owe it to yourself to check us out. Join us in your new career and see why you will never work a "job" again.
Black Diamond Termite and Pest Control, Inc. was started in 1940. The only full-service pest control company in the Louisville and Southern Indiana area, Black Diamond is in its third generation of family ownership and operation, maintaining a workforce of over 170 technicians and office staff at its main location on 4911 Hamburg Pike, Jeffersonville, IN.
An equal opportunity employer.