Share with friends:
2020 Summer Intern: Modeling AnalystAt a Glance
- You’re a motivated Masters-level student seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- Data Science
- Computer Science, Software development, Coding, Programming
- Advanced Analytics, Modeling
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Intern will be working on active projects/models that will go into production before the internship ends.
- These analyses/models would be using Linear/Logistic regression, T-tests, data analysis and will enable the intern to also learn Tableau, Alteryx, Hadoop.
- Potential models would be:
- Determine who would buy Spectrum products
- How to estimate wallet size
- How to use Monte Carlo Simulation to determine optimized Rep count.
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Business Analysis
- Database query languages
- Internet of Things, future technology, smart home technology
- Knowledge of Sales Force
- Oral and written skills
- Predictive modeling, machine learning
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Works well independently