Share with friends:
2020 Spectrum Intern: Finance and Accounting InternshipAt a Glance
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above / graduate-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
What you can expect in this role
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- This Intern will provide high quality reporting and analytical support to maximize financial results throughout the organization
- Perform and present project related analysis as well as provide management reporting and other ad hoc analyses
- Evaluate sales opportunities (capital and investment analysis) using payback period, internal rate of return (IRR) and discounted cash flow (DCF)
- Work closely with other functional groups across the organization to evaluate the financial and operational performance of new business opportunities
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of financial and operational reporting for Management team as well as ensure the integrity, accuracy and validity of the information being reported
- Purchase order creation and process flow
- Contract creation and process flow
- Profit and Loss statement overview and reconciliation to the general ledger
- Account Reconciliation
- Reviewing accounts receivables - excel pivot tables
Potential titles may include
- Financial Analyst Intern
- Operational Analyst Intern
- Business Planning Intern
- Receivable Analyst Intern
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project and time management skills
- Highly organized; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access,
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong data science and analytics skills
- Knowledge of tools such as Tableau and SalesForce