Competitive Salary Offered
Safety / Environmental Engineer
PMP Fermentation Products is a manufacturer of high quality technical and food grade chemicals, located in Peoria, IL. We have an immediate opening for a Safety / Environmental Engineer. This is a salaried, full-time position, offering a highly competitive salary, and full benefits.
Our selected applicant will monitor the safety and environmental policies and procedures of the Plant. Key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and monitor safety policies to ensure a safe and secure work environment.
- Recommending the installation of safety devices on machinery where needed..
- Complete required permit applications.
- Create and maintain extensive and accurate record-keeping and report records.
- Provide OSHA mandated safety meetings and training, as well as develop and maintain safety materials and manuals.
- Ensure compliance to the laws of OSHA, Federal, State and Local regulatory agencies.
- Duties will require collecting, calculating, and compiling data necessary for report preparation and audits.
- Researching the Federal, State, and Local environmental laws and permits required for chemical production.
- Developing policies required for compliance to such laws.
- Renewing permits when required.
A Bachelor's Degree in Science is preferred, or prior position with the training and job equivalency, as well as thorough knowledge of OSHA and environmental regulations.
This position requires strong computer, communication, and organizational skills with attenention to logistic detail and the ability to prioritize assignments. Previous State and Federal regulatory reporting experience preferred.
Please submit your resume now and Join Our Team!
Or, apply to this job:
PMP Fermentation Products, Inc 900 NE Adams St, Peoria, IL 61603