- Full Time
- 2226 Beebee St, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405
Join our fun team!
Poor Richard’s Press is seeking a talented Technical Lead to assist the Premedia Department with all things prepress, ranging from emerging technologies to data management. We are a business branding company that has served the western United States since 1947. As the years have passed, we continue to cater our services to the constantly evolving demands of different communication mediums. Poor Richard’s Press is the one-stop shop for print, apparel, design, web, promotional and mailing service.
Candidates should have experience in data list cleaning and sorting, database creation and management, file formatting, and website coding. They will need to prepare prepress and preweb graphic and text to job specifications/requirements accurately and effectively. The candidate should be familiar with emerging technologies regarding print, mail, web, and design.
The ability to effectively interact with all employees of Poor Richard’s Press, regardless of position, is a must. Candidates need to be able to manage multiple projects at once, and prioritize in terms of importance to the company and/or project at hand. Candidates should also be comfortable making informed decisions.
A four-year college degree in an area related to print, design, web, or computer science or the equivalent in experience is required.
- Minimum of two years experience in graphic design and computer science (or equivalent experience)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- Experience with mail presorting programs such as Accuzip and content management systems such as Wordpress
- Knowledge of mail standards and specifications, ability to reference/interpret USPS reference materials
- Be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Manage multiple, concurrent, short to long-term projects from concept through completion
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions from groups of managers, coworkers, and contractors
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to work in a team environment, maintaining communication with multiple team members regarding each job
- Facilitate and execute mail merge campaigns
- Receive, store, and catalog files according to existing procedures
- Ability to problem solve and identify problem causing variables in mail sorting process
- Understanding of varying file formats, color profiles, and resolutions related to print
- Experience with Filemaker Pro or similar database software is a plus
- Knowledge of impositions and layout for print files is a plus
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform duties as outlined on job tickets
- Coordinate with Sales and Production Teams to produce and prioritize jobs
- Communicate effectively with management and team members to guarantee both sales and client objectives are met
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company manuals
- Comply with all OSHA safety requirements
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work environment
- Provide necessary digital/graphics training to sales staff as required
- Provide Project Managers with proofs and see that proof deadlines are met
If you’re ready to work with our fun and hardworking team as a Technical Lead, please stop by the office or submit a PDF of your completed job application, cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Click here to find an application and read more!