Sr Network Engineer
Our client in the Catskill, NY area is seeking a Sr Network Engineer to join their team! This is a highly desirable role with a company that places a strong emphasis on promoting positive company culture. Upon permanent hire, our Client offers an excellent benefits package.
Responsibilities of the Sr Network Engineer will include:
- Work with and configure a variety of technologies, including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless, VoIP, LAN, WAN, and VLAN
- Configure and deploy network infrastructure
- Setup networks and schedule upgrades
- Document firewall rules
- Troubleshoot issues and monitor network health
- Review alerts and system logs
- Provide system training and remote support
- Identify areas for improvement
- Conduct data network fault investigations and upgrade data network equipment as needed
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications for the role of Sr Network Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- CCNA; CCNP is strongly preferred
- Experience working with LAN, VPN technology, VoIP, firewalls, WAN, routing and switching, etc.
- Experience in server and storage architecture, monitoring tools, backup/restore, etc.
- Experience with Linux
- Able to be on-call as needed
To see a full listing of all our open positions, please visit:
We can always use top-notch Developers, Network Engineers, Business Analysts, and more.
You can also call one of our recruiting specialists at:
redShift Recruiting Permanent Technology Staffing is the Capital Region’s premier technology recruiting firm. Our Founders recognized the demand for qualified Technology Professionals in the area and started redShift to fill that need. We pride ourselves on our highly qualified and carefully selected bank of candidates seeking permanent, temporary, and temp-to-hire positions.
We stand out in our understanding of technology. Our CEO is a former CIO and Director of Technology, and our recruiters have over 50 years of combined experience in the technology and recruiting fields. Add to that our industry knowledge, unmatched networks within the Capital Region, and superior customer service, and you have a firm that’s unmatched in finding the best candidates for technology roles.