Job Summary: Westerwood Global is currently recruiting an experienced Service Manager. This position reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for the successful supervision of an established and expanding team of technicians and module within our customer site. A successful candidate will have 5+ years of semiconductor experience, preferably in Etch.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide hands on support to a team of technicians while being 100% dedicated to training, mentoring, coaching, and supporting the team.
- Headcount planning and vacation & absence management to ensure short, medium and long term production targets are delivered.
- Effectively communicate with team and customer by developing and maintaining excellent working relationships and participating in on-site meetings
- Resolution of customer’s issues while communicating effectively and driving continuous improvement. Lead and actively participate in system failure investigations and the execution and/or development of change initiatives.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and ensuring team is adhering to customer protocols.
- Manage & report on internal and external KPI’s and headcount, formulate corrective action plans and drive the success of the Etch module.
- Provide technical support to Etch module in all aspects of machine and equipment maintenance, installation and modification.
- Supervise, coordinate and monitor team performance.
- Manage Health and Safety initiatives for Etch module.
- Plan and take action to protect company & customer assets, reputation and ensure business continuity.
- Support the employee recruitment process when required.
- 5+ years experience in the semiconductor industry
- Proven track record in a supervisory role within a high volume manufacturing environment
- A clear understanding of managing maintenance with focus on quality and continuous improvement
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite (ability to create complex Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills