School Psychologist - Early Learning Center - Part Time
1.Participate in ongoing supervision and annual job performance evaluation process.
3.Participate in training, appropriate to position.
4.Attend regular and announced meetings pertinent to this position.
5.Maintain good working relationship and effective communication with internal and external individuals and organizations.
6.Work cooperatively as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
7.Provide a therapeutic educational experience for children.
8.Abide by attendance policy and stay within agency PL guidelines.
- Observe and evaluate children as assigned in order to identify children with special needs.
- Provide on-going diagnostics.
- Refer children to other professionals and follow up as needed.
- Act as a programmatic resource to staff.
- Schedule and provide child/family counseling services and play therapy as needed.
- Develop individual goals/objectives for children as needed.
- Assist in development of Behavior Management Plans as needed.
- Attend CPSE/EI/staff/team/case conference meetings as requested.
- Lead and coordinate the evaluation teams as assigned.
- Act as Center Leader as per OCFS Day care regulations as needed or assigned.
Master’s Degree in Educational Psychology (Doctorate Preferred).
NYS School Psychologist certification or eligibility.
Two years experience working with 0-5 year old developmentally delayed children and their families.
Diagnostic assessment and counseling experience and knowledge of therapeutic approaches required.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond. Northern Rivers and member organizations Northeast Parent & Child Society and Parsons Child & Family Center are powered by a 1,400-strong workforce. We’re developing innovative new treatments to help clients achieve success, believe in themselves, and follow their dreams. We provide more than 70 programs and services to more than 14,000 people each year in 36 counties throughout New York state. Join us and change lives, including yours.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Northern Rivers Family of Services will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.