- Part Time
- $12.50 Hour
- 500 New Karner Road, Suite 3, Schenectady, NY 12308
Excellent Part Time Opportunity!
Respite Worker- After School Program
The Alternative Living Group, Inc. (ALG) is a non-profit, human service agency licensed by the State of New York to provide a wide range of residential, recreational and support services to individuals with developmental disabilities. It’s our mission to partner with individuals to create quality lives and opportunities for independence.
ALG has is currently seeking part time Respite Workers to join our After-School Respite team, which runs out of the Schenectady and Albany City School Districts. This team works with children with developmental disabilities and is responsible for the oversight of the children in the after-school programs.
On a day to day basis, Respite Workers can find themselves helping with homework, assisting the children in learning social skills, teaching independence, fostering creativity, and encouraging fun! In short, our Respite Workers serve as role models and guides to the children we serve, while cultivating a happy and creative environment.
- HS Diploma or GED preferred
- Available afternoons Monday-Friday
- Valid NYS Driver's License preferred
- Experience with developmentally disabled population preferred
- Ability to complete trainings as required and participate in the background check process
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks that include, but are not limited to lifting and bending
Visit us at www.alginc.org for more information about our company!