Full-time with GREAT Benefits
Recovery Advisor II -PROS ** HOURLY $18!**
Equinox is a nonprofit community organization in the Capital Region. For more than 40 years, Equinox has reached out to people who need us most with innovative and effective programs that truly change lives, allowing us to fulfill our purpose of helping those we serve move forward on their paths to recovery, healing, and independence.
In 2012, Equinox introduced the new and innovative Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) program, which reflects the latest evidence-based practice in psychiatric rehabilitation.
PROS integrates treatment, skills training, vocational rehabilitation, and support to facilitate a participant’s recovery. In a safe and caring environment, participants are directly involved in all aspects of their services, from goal setting to individual recovery plan development and implementation. There is a strong focus on participant and family participation as well as evaluation of outcomes.
Participants are encouraged to engage in community activities, adult education classes, and other opportunities that strengthen their supports and overall quality of life. PROS also places an emphasis on helping participants find meaningful employment, which is strongly linked to positive mental health.
Recovery Advisory II PROS - Full-time (40 hours)
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Creative/Expressive Arts, Drug/Alcohol Counseling, Human Services, Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, Rehabilitation Counseling or other related field
- Knowledge of mental illness, co-occurring disorder treatment and recovery concepts required.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License preferred
- Maintain a caseload of program participants.
- Provide individual intake interviews, assessments, recovery planning and provide individual recovery services.
- Provide targeted psychotherapy or evidence based practice as indicated by participant need
- Facilitate recovery oriented group services.
- Provide other individual recovery services as required, including assisting participants with securing benefits, housing, employment, and other basic needs.
- Accurately document all services and maintain timely case records within agency policies and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with other PROS staff the provision of crisis services and co-occurring disorder treatment.
- Coordinate participant recovery efforts with collateral contacts and other treatment providers.
- Promote participants community integration and inclusion.
- Keep any certifications current and attend workshops, conferences and trainings
- Attend Workshops, conferences and trainings
- Possible supervision of internship students or, if licensed or certified, other professional staff
Benefits: Excellent benefits include an agency contribution to health insurance, voluntary dental & vision, ageny paid life insurance & 403 (b) with Agency match, 8 paid holidays and a generous time off package.