Join Our Team!
Grant Administrator (Proposals) or Sr.
The Grant Administrator (Proposals) is responsible for processing, reviewing and submitting proposals; review and/or creation of applicable budgets; review and evaluation of binding proposal terms and conditions ensuring conformance to Rensselaer policies and sponsor requirements.
At the Grant Administrator level, candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experienc
- A relevant combination of education, experience and training may be substituted for a degree
To be considered at the Sr. Grant Administrator, applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, management, or related field
- 5 years of professional experience in a grants-oriented position
or a relevant combination of education, experience and training may be substituted for a degree
- Please apply to http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/8691
- Experience using Banner Finance or similar ERP system
- Work experience in research administration, contract administration, or in a higher education environment
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of federal regulations and policies governing educational institutions and/or non-profits
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged documents and communication.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Requires excellent customer service skills
- Requires ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
- Requires ability to work with a diverse population.
- Requires strong computer skills and knowledge.
- Requires careful attention to detail; accuracy.
- General knowledge of grants management issues preferred.
Other Position Requirements
Works in normal office environments. Work is fast paced and demanding. May require long and irregular hours including evenings, nights and weekends.