Your career. We’ll help you turn goals into achievements.
Customer Assistant Representative
The Customer Assistance Representative Sr (CAR) will provide a high level of customer service by assisting both internal and external customers, primarily face-to-face, supporting their branch and rental needs. The CAR will gain knowledge through local training and hands-on experience to provide administrative support, service customers, and act as a rental back-up in a non airport branch location.
This position is part time with a maximum of 25 hours per week. It is based in the Capital District, NY; locations include Albany, Clifton Park, Latham and Troy.
- Greet all customers using prescribed, appropriate dialogue as they arrive on the lot.
- Remind customer to check for personal belongings. Identify any items found in the vehicle with a unit number, date, time and turn into lost and found.
- Advise and review rental charges; and provide an accurate receipt to the customer.
- Provide information in a professional and courteous manner regarding transportation to the airport terminal. Thank customers using the prescribed dialogue.
- Inquire about service, satisfaction and document dissatisfaction.
- Discreetly check vehicle for damage on incoming vehicles and direct customer to counter for completion of damage/loss report.
- Use of proper statement to determine if vehicle is being returned with full tank of gas.
- Complete a service alert for any mechanical and or body damage communicated by the customers.
- Identify vehicles, which are on system hold for turnback, time or mileage, recall, or any other special lock and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Identify and tag vehicles that have been flagged for grounding or preventative maintenance and verify their movement to the proper lot location.
- Keep lot organized for ease of access and traffic flow.
- Understand the CDW/Emerald Aisle/Choice process; knowledge of the rental/return documents, fuel services, days/extra hours/surcharges and optional coverages.
- Understand the damage loss report reporting procedure.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have at least one year of customer service experience
- Must have a valid drivers license with no more than 3 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 5 years
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be living within an hour commute of Latham, NY
- Apart from religious observations, must be flexible to work up to 25 hours per week within Monday through Friday 7am-6:30pm and rotating Saturdays and Sundays 8:30am-1:30pm