Business Manager - Sponsored Research Emphasis
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, in Troy, NY was founded in 1824, and is America’s first technological research institute. For nearly 200 years, Rensselaer has been defining the scientific and technological advances of our world. Rensselaer serves over 7,600 undergraduate and graduate students from 49 states and 63 countries. Guided by the Rensselaer Plan 2024, Rensselaer seeks to transform the delivery of pedagogical innovations, and to be a transformative agent in the 21st century and beyond.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is Seeking: Two Business Managers
The Business Manager will manage the daily business operation of the assigned Business Unit. The openings exist in the Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies and the School of Architecture. Rensselaer seeks candidates with strong knowledge of the management of sponsored research funds as well as candidates with solid people management skills. http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/8787
Applications will be reviewed starting January 2020 and we will continue to accepted applications until the position is filled.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or similar field
- Five (5) years of related progressively responsible experience in the administration, monitoring and management of research and/or other closely related types of restricted funds including two (2) years of management experience.
- Masters degree
- Experience in higher education or research setting
- Familiarity with Federal and State government regulations as they pertain to research administration
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to analyze and interpret reports, documents and statistical data
- Ability to perform budget reporting and forecasting, as well as account reconciliation
- Knowledge of financial software, including spreadsheet, database, and data warehouse applications
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite software applications
- Ability to learn and/or use SCT Banner finance, position control and labor modules or other appropriate applications
- Knowledge of fund based budgeting in a non-profit setting
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
Total Compensation Program:
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute cares about your health and well-being, and we are dedicated to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to you and your family. Rensselaer’s Total Compensation Program continues to be instrumental in ensuring stable employment and stable pay growth for our faculty and staff, and our benefits program accounts for a significant portion of the Total Compensation Program.
Diversity or Affirmative Action Statement:
We welcome applications from candidates who will bring diverse cultural, ethnic, and national and international perspectives to Rensselaer’s work and campus communities. Rensselaer is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.