Accounts Receivable / Customer Service
Accounts Receivable / Customer Service
Empire Merchants North is the premier wine and spirits distributor in Upstate New York with roots going back to the end of Prohibition. With more than 700 dedicated employees and state-of-the-art facilities, Empire Merchants North has become synonymous with both service and quality and has earned the loyalty of more than 9,000 area restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs, and retail outlets. Empire Merchants North acts as a marketing agent for the brands that we represent and is proud to employ the most knowledgeable and well-equipped sales force in Upstate New York.
Are you a new graduate, looking to gain experience/knowledge? Do you enjoy working with a team or independently to solve problems? Do you take pride in customer service and the experience people have when working with you?
We are seeking a motivated candidate to fill an Accounts Receivable / Customer Service position to provide prompt, professional support to our customers relating to order entry, payments, payment inquiries and questions via phone. Possessing math skills with attention to detail and the ability to multi task while meeting deadlines. This position holds excellent learning opportunities for a motivated individual looking to enter our company with the opportunity for growth within Empire Merchants North. If you feel you are a good fit, we invite you to apply!
This position is the primary contact for Empire Merchants North customers regarding accounts receivable inquiries and collection of receivables due to EMN. Maintain and build customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
- Receive customer, driver and sale rep calls by answering phone, email or other communications for, but not limited to: new accounts, credits, returns and exchanges, researching particulars for pricing and quantity discount disputes, requests for statement, invoice or credit copies, account balance inquiries, phone payments, payment inquiries and questions
- Process State COD book
- Alert customers and drivers of COD status changes throughout the day
- Process IPayx payments into SAP (IDOCS)
- Review pending defaults with Team Lead and post to SLA website. Print and mail default documents to customers, change credit terms in SAP
- Process notice of payment by using SLA website and change terms as needed
- Post disputed items onto Excel spreadsheet for submission to SLA
- Post customer payments to IPayx
- Research AR payment discrepancies (shorts-pays, unauthorized deductions, etc.) by reviewing issued/non-issued credits, credits taken 2x, missed invoices, etc. and may include calling customer
- Post on account payments received from Finance department to customer’s invoices in SAP
- Call customers to secure payment and/or payment arrangement who have past due balance as directed by Credit Manager
- Process 45-day list for unpaid COD, Process and/or assist in Credits, Process and/or assist in License Expirations
- Receive customer, driver and sale rep calls by answering phone, email or other communications for, but not limited to: New accounts, credits, returns and exchanges, researching particulars for pricing and quantity discount disputes, requests for statement, invoice or credit copies, account balance inquiries, phone payments, payment inquiries and questions.
- Research items on SLA disputed items list by researching (as indicated above) and resolving claim within 7 business days
- Process and complete incomplete orders (V.02 & IDOCS) by contacting other departments within EMN and/or customer
- Alert customers of pending order who have exceeded their credit limit and try to secure payment prior to shipment
- Authorization to increase credit limit on orders up to 5% but not to exceed $5,000
- Email daily, customers who exceed credit limit to Credit Manager & Director, Office Services
- Secure email addresses by asking customers for email address for order confirmation and notice of default email notifications.
- Report all customer correspondence and/or issues to Team Lead
- Provide Reception duties on a shared rotational schedule but not limited to schedule.
- Duties performed at reception include, but are not limited to scanning of credit, will call and/or delivery invoices. Process/and or assist in credits. Will Call procedure.
- Process miscellaneous orders as needed
- Ensure that all NY State Liquor Authority credit regulations are adhered to.
- Communicate and understand the customer’s calls by listening with a focus on the customer’s needs while maintaining company policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude by listening and responding to all customer and EMN employees.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
Work Hours/Shift: 9am-6pm - Monday-Friday
Education, Certifications and /or licenses:
• 4 yr Business Degree
• Related call center and accounting experience(preferred) and strong work history preferred.
• Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other basic office equipment.
• Must be results oriented with strong verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to multi-task
• Can work independently and/or within a team,
• Attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines.
Applicants only, No Recruiters please.
Empire Merchants North is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Empire Merchants North will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities.