Your search resulted in 3 "Accounts Payable Associate" jobs in Albany, NY. Save Job SearchSave SearchSave Job Search: Accounts Payable Associate
Thorpe Electric Supply, Inc is a wholesale/retail electrical distributor established and family-owned since 1955 with headquarters in downtown Rensselaer NY, just across the river from NY’s state offices and only minutes from I-90, I-787 and Columbia Turnpike (Routes 9 & 20).
We are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to manage bookkeeping and general office administrative responsibilities, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, reconciliations, and other finance-related matters. This opportunity is based in Rensselaer, NY.
As Bookkeeper you will:
- Record financial transaction details, maintain financial records, fact check financial data and update financial statements;
- Ensure accounts are current and accurate using specialized software, Create and use Excel spreadsheets and other tools to track and manage income and expenditures.
- Deep-rooted knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures;
- Computer skills: QuickBooks, Excel, Word;
- Associates degree in Accounting, preferred;
- Detail oriented with exceptional level of accuracy; well organized; team player; solid communication skills.
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position. We will consider 40-hours weekly, or less, and have flexibility with start (as early as 7am) and end (as late as 5pm) of day (Monday through Friday) for the right candidate.
Thorpe Electric offers a robust health insurance plan for employees, employee/spouse, employee/dependent and employee/family with a choice of three BlueShield medical plans, two with no-deductible. These plans are POS w/PPO Wrap not an HMO allowing you to travel (ie., Boston, NY City) with full coverage; dental and vision plans; two retiree health plans; paid time-off including vacation, sick and birthday; and a 401(k) plan with 4% company match.
Qualified candidates should present a resume and cover letter outlining preferred work schedule to the attention of Human Resources, Thorpe Electric Supply, Inc.
- Full Time, Part Time
- 27 Washington Street, Rensselaer, NY 12144
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand, maintain, and modify application configurations in Oracle OPM/Order Management/Inventory/Oracle Financials Systems including pricelists, shipping networks, standard cost recipes, and account derivation rules
• Research tools and applications to champion and develop solutions for the business analyses processes, leveraging Oracle, utilizing automation, and other technology opportunities to continuously improve the Accounting process and systems
• Lead/Manage user requirement sessions globally, create design documents/test scripts, and performs impact analysis and functional testing for application changes and upgrades
• Liaison with the Company’s local and corporate IT departments to research, diagnose, and troubleshoot basic functional setup issues, errors, and complex system problems
• Participates in a variety of special projects and compiles a variety of special reports as required and requested
Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organizational skills and problem-solving skills, in addition to advanced Excel skills.
• Knowledge and familiarity in underlying Oracle EBS (ERP) applications or other financial applications is a plus
• Strong ability to breakdown information, analyze it, and communicate results
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and assignments and meet deadlines in adynamic environment
• Familiarity with reporting, analytics and visualization tools. Experience with Qlik, Hubble, GL, Wand, Tableau etc. is a plus.
• A team player, that has ability to think independently and wants to be challenged and grow with our company
Education and Experience:
• MBA or CPA preferred.
Senior Analyst: BS/BA in Accounting Information Systems (or similar) with a minimum of 5+ years of ERP application experience with various financial modules General Ledger (GL), Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), Fixed Assets (FA), and Order Management (OM) preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Associate Manager: BS/BA in Accounting/Information Systems (or similar) with a minimum of 8 years of ERP application experience with various financial modules among General Ledger (GL), Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), Fixed Assets (FA), and Order Management (OM) preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Full Time
- 1930 US Route 9, Castleton, NY 12033
Qualified candidate will be responsible for providing daily, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting duties in a high volume Cardiology practice located in Corporate Woods, Albany.
Essential job Functions
- Perform month end/year end close responsibilities.
- Perform monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Preparation and reconciliation of bank accounts
- Prepare complex journal entries in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Handle all facets of AP function including processing accounts payable and cash disbursement
- Record daily transactions and postings to general ledger and related reports.
- Accounts Receivable invoicing and recording payments
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting with 3-4 years accounting experience or Associates Degree in accounting or related field with appropriate experience.
- Accounting experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge in Excel, Microsoft Products and automated accounting system. Sage accounting software experience is a plus.
- Experience with month end and year end close procedures including data entry of day to day accounting transactions.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent written, verbal, time management and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team based environment.
- Takes initiative and works independently on routine, as well as complex matters.
- Full Time
- Attn: Human Resources, Albany, NY 12211