Share with friends:
Spectrum News Buffalo 2019 Summer Internship - NewsAbout Spectrum Networks Internship: Spectrum Networks is seeking talented, creative, technical, highly self-motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to join our team of interns! From first interview through program completion, we offer students a competitive and exciting learning experience which will position you for future news/sports journalism and production opportunities. We take great pride in nurturing up-and-coming stars of tomorrow by providing a behind-the-scenes look at Spectrum News and/or Spectrum Sports. Selected candidates will gain a unique opportunity to work alongside award-winning employees who support the organization’s growth, subscriber retention and profitability.
Program Dates: May 28, 2019 to August 16, 2019
About Spectrum Networks: Spectrum Networks is a series of 27 hyper-local news and 9 regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities
Experience You Will Gain: Spectrum Networks Internships provides you with meaningful, real-world experience that will aid in developing confidence and marketable skills for the future. Our for-credit Internship will provide you with experiential learning in a professional setting that integrates what you have learned in the classroom. The experience of being a Spectrum Networks Intern will provide you with invaluable experiences in news and sports, and will also allow you to develop your professional skills. You will expand your network and build upon your current resume, all while having fun! Upon the successful completion of the program you will earn a stipend as a thank you for participating.
Spectrum Networks offers internship opportunities in the following area:
• Newsroom Intern: Shadow reporters in the field, news writing, interviewing, and assisting in the productions of news stories. Shadow producers, work with reporters and anchors to determine story form and content, assemble newscast. Shadow photojournalists in the field, electronic news gathering, lighting and audio and non-linear digital editing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Complete core assignment provided by the respective department and/or functional area
• Complete portfolio project, individually or group based determined by manager
• Attend internship development activities as scheduled
• Shadow Spectrum Networks Team Members
• Participate in rotating opportunities where applicable
• Be enthusiastic, communicative and open to learning new things every day!
Skills/Abilities & Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate solutions; ability to relate well with diverse populations
• Ability to interface with internal company personnel and build relationships
• Requires ability to adapt proactively and positively solve problems
Eligibility Requirements: Only the best and brightest need apply. To be considered for a Spectrum Networks internship you must:
1. Be in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm degree program
2. Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
3. Students must be 18 years of age or older
4. Must have authorization to work in the U.S
5. Must be willing to participate for a term of 12 weeks (20 to 25 hours weekly)
6. Must agree not to miss more than three (3) days of the internship program
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays to cover breaking news events and gain experience working for a 24 hour news channel
8. Must receive course credit for participation in the program
9. One (1) letter of recommendation
• Grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
• Majors in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Sports Business, Marketing, Finance etc.
• Previous internship experience
• Demonstrated participation in extracurricular activities a plus
• Office environment