Innovative - Adventurous - Genuine - Focused - Let's Go!
Data Center And Indirect Channel Sales Executive
This position may be a remote work from home opportunity.
Responsible for the overall revenue generation of Data Center Colocation sales. Will prospect new Data Center Colocation business on local and national basis. Will also be responsible for generating additional Colocation opportunity and revenue through managing referral relationships with any existing Indirect Channel.
- Lead the Colocation sales process and UTILIZE all available resources to manage and close Colocation opportunities.
- Identify data center related sales opportunities and qualification of potential DC projects.
- Develop our business in the Data Center market in ND, SD, MN, KS and nationally.
- Create & develop the market awareness for our DC portfolio to all market stakeholders including but not limited to end users, MSPs and IT consultants.
- Manage and maintain existing Indirect Channel/Managed Service Providers (MSP) relationships
- Maintain sales CRM database of current and prospective clients.
- Adhere to defined sales processes and procedures.
- Gather prospect requirements and participate in technical solution designs.
- Develop professional presentations, correspondence, and responding to RFPs.
- Attend trade shows and follow up on direct marketing activities.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that develops positive relationships with team members, customer and leadership.
- Adhere to and actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum 5 years solution-based selling, preferably related to data center, Internet, and WAN Services.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience selling data center products (Colocation, enterprise software, networking, hardware, PaaS, IaaS).
- Minimum 2 years channel selling experience.
- Understanding of data center Colocation solutions with additional knowledge of storage, Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, solutions.
- Familiarity with Data Center Infrastructure, High Density Compute Environments, Networking, Cloud / Hyperscaler connectivity.
- Advanced knowledge of and skilled in contract interpretation, negotiations and project management.
- Advanced oral, written, and presentation communication skills to interact with leadership, team members, vendors and clients.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL & MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- In-person visits to a customer’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of working hours.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law.