Director, Nampa - ID
Director - KIVI TV
The Director III is responsible for directing the station's newscasts from the news automated control room with a minimal amount of errors while supervising the crew. This position reports to a Production Manager.
- Assigned to daily newscasts as a director or technical director
- Works with show producers using newsroom computer system to create an integrated automated show rundown
- Directs control room crew for pre-production, studio shot planning and graphics integration
- Direct other shows, production shoots and special reports as assigned
- Assist with any studio setups including but not limited to lighting
Education & Experience/Certifications
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelors in related discipline preferred.
- 3 years experience directing LIVE newscasts and 1 year experience with IGNITE automation strongly preferred.
- Must have previous multi-camera directing experience preferably in television news with control room automation.
Skills & Abilities
- Must have the ability to direct fast-pace rapidly changing productions for extended periods.
- Working knowledge of state-of-the-art video switchers and effects.
- Familiar with routers, video servers, audio consoles, robotic studio cameras, graphics systems and studio production equipment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Effective communication and people skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors.
- Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.