Come work for an Employee Owned Company!
Contractor Sales Rep, Bellevue
HAVE YOU HEARD? WE'RE ONE OF THE TOP 10 BEST PLACES TO WORK IN IDAHO!
Who are we?
Franklin Building Supply is a lumber and building materials company based in Boise, Idaho with locations throughout Southern Idaho and Northern Nevada. We have been in business over 40 years. For many years it was a family owned business. It’s still a family owned business, but now the family are all the employees because Franklin Building Supply is 100% employee owned (ESOP). This means employees earn ownership in our company and build retirement wealth through their work, and the work of others, based on the company’s change in value over time.
We are also thrilled that we have officially been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Idaho” in 2019. We think this is pretty cool. We already knew this, but now we get to brag about it. Our company is full of outstanding people, many of whom have been working for Franklin Building Supply for many years. We are working harder than anyone else in our market to get better every day, adding value for our customers by living up to our saying “We Make Building Easy”.
We are also more than just a lumber yard. In addition to supplying building materials to professional home builders, we install a wide range of products including framing, siding, insulation, garage doors, gutters, fireplaces, windows, and more. We even manufacture products we sell and install including roof and floor trusses (plants in Boise and Jerome), custom cabinets, custom countertops, and doors.
Design Innovations is the name of our business that sells and installs many of our home interior product offering…including flooring. This includes hardwood, tile, laminate, and carpeting. We have an award-winning 10,000 SF showroom in Meridian, Idaho that serves the Treasure Valley builder and homeowner with a wide selection of products to meet any need and budget…and designers who expertly take clients through the selection process where dreams are realized.
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain and grow the existing customer base through prospecting, sales development, quoting, and customer follow-up, while providing unbeatable customer service with a positive attitude.
Are you the right fit for this challenging role? If so, the list of attributes and experiences below should describe you and be reflected in your application and resume;
- Willing to adapt to the changes in the building industry, willing to learn new products and processes to grow their customer base and market share
- Focused on building trust with our customers to provide them with a positive experience, and to help grow our business
- Able to modify your planned daily schedule for unplanned urgencies
- Carry self with pride, remain calm in a crisis and can communicate with difficult people without being reactive
- Action oriented, ambitious, consistently do your best and stay focused on the job at hand
- Give great attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Possess a driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Collaborative approach who works well with others
- Thinks and works lean, easily identifying waste and implementing improvements
- Detail oriented and very organized
- Able to quickly determine where assistance is needed most
- Naturally thinks safety first in every activity