We Help Kids!
Boys Health Advocate Full-Time
Organization: Youth & Family Services (YFS)
Department: Family Support and Advocacy Services (FSAS)
Position: Boys Health Advocate
Reports to: Director of Family Support and Advocacy Services
Location: Rapid City, SD
Work Days: Monday through Friday
Hours/Week: 30 hours; 9 am - 6 pm
Work schedule may vary dependent upon program needs.
Non-smoking work environment. Wage DOEQ. E.O.E.
Benefits: YFS strives to provide its employees with top-quality benefits. YFS employees are offered medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance as well as multiple paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, 401K and retirement/pension options, discounts at select local businesses and more! Click here to view a copy of our Benefit Synopsis.
- Bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ): Male employee who can provide mentoring, role-modeling, and supervision of activities that may include a need for privacy.
- BFOQ: Tobacco non-user (this does not refer to use in prayer, as in American Indian ceremonies and offerings).
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, human services, or related degree required.
- Willingness to submit to random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with performance standards and the Substance Abuse/Misuse Policy for Safety Sensitive Positions & Employees Driving Children.
- Professionalism in the form of punctuality, confidentiality, dependability, creativeness, role-modeling, mentoring, and resourcefulness.
- Effective networking with community resources.
- Good computer/word processing skills.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills in working with children, youth, co-workers, parents, and general public.
- Personal vehicle with current liability insurance and a valid driver’s license required.
- Provide case management services for boys and young men in a timely manner, including intake, assessment, case plan development and implementation, and support services. Engage in creative, effective problem solving. When appropriate, facilitate a boy’s ability to case manage himself.
- Provide role-modeling, mentoring, and supervision of program activities. Such activities could include overnight camping, swimming, relationship building, and other boy’s privacy related activities.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of and good working relationships with community agencies and schools.
- Participate in community outreach activities to find and generate referrals of boys and young men for case management.
- Offer and provide referrals to necessary community resources to meet the needs of program individuals.
- Transport clients as needed for appointments and case management.
- Conduct home visits and secure the support/involvement of a boy’s family/significant others as needed to ensure successful outcomes and provide education for family members/guardians on community resources.
- Conduct health-focused life skills training and prevention training.
- Maintain appropriate detailed records of case management and maintain accountability for program objectives and recording procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the needs of boys/young men and the ability to be responsive to those needs.
- Assist Program Director by identifying and documenting issues in the availability and delivery of services for boys. Keep supervisor informed in all aspects of the advocate role.
- Participate in staff meetings, training, and all agency in-service sessions.
- Act in accordance with purpose, philosophy, values, goals, policies, and procedures of YFS.
- Promote and support all YFS programs and services.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform duties at large in the community within school/service provider facilities.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
How to Apply: For consideration, an application for employment must be submitted to the YFS Human Resource Department. Application may be downloaded at: http://www.youthandfamilyservices.org/careers/. Please note that resume only will not be accepted.
How to Submit Application:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In person or by mail: Youth & Family Services, 1920 N. Plaza Blvd., Rapid City, SD 57702
Other location: One Stop Career Center
Any questions? Call HR Team at 605-342-4195!