Innovative - Adventurous - Genuine - Focused - Let's Go!
Analyze the technical needs of business customers, and develop a strategy to meet those needs through engineering design. Subject matter expert for all technical aspects of the sales process. Responsible for requirements discovery, solution consulting, solution design, proposal preparation support, and technical presentations to customers.
- Partner with Sales and other technical teams to: understand customer requirements, ensure serviceability, design solutions, write technical specifications, and develop proposals.
- Accurately process and prepare requests for Good Faith Estimates and Design Layout Records.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise to the sales team; thoroughly understanding products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to present to co-workers, customers, and vendors through a variety of mediums (in-person, telephone, email, and video conference).
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Monitor continuity of communication regarding service details from inquiry through fulfillment to ensure customer needs are met.
- Participate in new product development projects; as appropriate, relay requests and requirements of customers, provide technical feedback and/or manage the completion of key deliverables.
- Assist Sales, Sales Support, and Marketing in the development of customer presentation materials.
- Leverage and maintain customer information within CRM and other corporate systems in support of the sales process.
- Provide ongoing support of product training for sales and support personnel.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Special project assignments as required.
- Remain current on technical information regarding Midco's services as well as competitive offerings.
- Identify problems and possible solutions, and take appropriate action to resolve complex, less clearly-defined issues.
- Articulate technical specifications as well as service value proposition to both non-technical and technical users.
- Build relationships with customers as a trusted advisor and present to them the benefits of the appropriate solution.
- Knowledge of sales cycle; able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the business and internal processes and procedures.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Maintain a positive and respectful demeanor with customers, coworkers, and management.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Support Midco’s efforts to improve customer awareness, satisfaction, and loyalty.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Mentor new hires.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in related industry and/or equivalent job experience required.
- CCNP/CCDP, MEF-CECP certification preferred.
- 3 Years related experience required
- Experience in the following: PRI, POTS, Hosted Phone, SIP Trunks, Internet with BGP PE-CE (linear or multi-homed), MPLS Layer 3 VPN, Layer 2 OVC, EPL, EVPL, EP-LAN, EVP-LAN, DOCSIS, Fiber-Channel, Optical Carrier (OC-x), Wavelength services is preferred
- Experience in the following: Fiber optic service delivery, including multiplexing, RFoG, and PON, Data Center colocation and hosting, Managing router and security (firewall, IDS, IPS) services is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Ability to travel to visit prospective and current customers.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of communications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco fiber proudly serves more than 440,000 residential and business customers in 400 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free Midco internet & cable TV
- Get involved: Midco supports volunteerism and community service
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.