Elder Sharath (CNA)
Responsible for creating a nurturing home for Elders and provides care and services to meet their needs within an environment of hope, dignity and love. The Elder Sharath works cooperatively and respectfully with Elders, coworkers, families, medical staff, visitors and volunteers to create this positive environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to personal care, housekeeping and home maintenance, food preparation and service, activities, recordkeeping and household financial management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- All essential functions will be performed with empathy, dignity and respect of the Elder and will respect and accommodate resident’s individual choices whenever possible. The Elder Sharath will also facilitate and help the resident to complete as much of their personal care as possible
- Provides for the daily hygiene care of the elders to include: bathing, dressing, grooming and related personal care
- Assists resident to have clothes purchased, laundered, and repaired as needed
- Responsible for taking and properly recording elder’s vital signs. (i.e.: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, etc.).
- Responsible for observing Elders well being (i.e.: change in behavior, change in vital signs, etc.) and reporting such changes to the appropriate team member
High school diploma or GED preferred. Prior experience in a human service or health care setting preferred. Must possess a current Montana State Nurses Aide Certification, or have completed the SJU CNA Course and will obtain certification within 120 days of class completion.