Structural Principal Engineer
Structural Principal Engineer (Southern California Offices)
WE HAVE AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR A STRUCTURAL PRINCIPAL ENGINEER!
COME BE PART OF AN ESTABLISHED & GROWING FIRM!
CANNON IS NO ORDINARY CONSULTING FIRM.
SINCE 1976, we have provided creative solutions to clients in the public infrastructure, water resources, energy industry, and commercial/residential development. With offices throughout California, we continue to grow.
CANNON’S CULTURE is to Work hard. Play hard. Have fun! Not only do we work together, but we also enjoy spending time together outside of work. Cannon provides exciting opportunities for professional growth and outlets for team building. We strive to provide opportunity for personal growth as well as a balance between personal and professional life.
WE PROVIDE competitive salaries, relocation assistance, an excellent benefits package with wellness benefits, and an active positive work environment.
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING a STRUCTURAL PRINCIPAL ENGINEER for one of our California offices.
- San Luis Obispo is on the beautiful central coast of California, has scenic beaches, is surrounded by the wine country, and offers endless recreational opportunities.
- Ventura is located 30 miles south of Santa Barbara, with a backdrop of the Los Padres National Forest foothills and the scenic Pacific Ocean. Ventura residents enjoy miles of beaches and more than 30 parks. Ventura’s Mediterranean climate offers many year-round recreational and cultural opportunities.
- West Los Angeles is known for its many popular recreational opportunities and our office is conveniently located adjacent to the Expo MetroLink Commuter line.
- Irvine offers warm weather, beautiful scenery, and is one of the top bicycling cities with close to 300 miles of on-road bicycle lanes and 45 miles of mountain bike trails. It’s one of the safest communities and the public schools have consistently ranked among the best in California.
STRUCTURES PROJECTS INCLUDE Military and Aerospace * Commercial and Industrial Structures * Piers and Sea Walls * Foundations for Tanks and Equipment * Support Structures * Structural Assessments and Evaluations
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE project management, establishing and maintaining client relations, mentoring staff, preparing engineering reports and analyses, design and preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of clients and projects. For a detailed description on job duties, visit www.CannonCorp.us and click on “Careers”.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Architectural or Civil Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in structural analysis, design, and detailing of buildings and structures.
- CA PE license required. SE license preferred.
- Experience in management of client relationships.
- Experience managing projects, scope, and budgets.
- Highly proficient knowledge of the California Building Code and ASCE 7 with the ability to convey that knowledge to others.
- Design experience in timber, concrete, steel, and masonry structural building systems.
- Proficient in engineering finite element design software such as RISA and ETABS.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit your resume and cover letter on-line at the “Careers” section at www.CannonCorp.us. EOE/AA
Or click on this link to apply – https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/80846ac9-8482-4519-8509-7071d98b1b90/Cannon-Corp