Area Survey Manager - BAKO
CANNON IS NO ORDINARY CONSULTING FIRM.
WE HAVE AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR AN AREA SURVEY MANAGER IN CENTRAL CALIFORNIA!
COME BE PART OF AN ESTABLISHED & GROWING FIRM!
CANNON’S CULTURE provides exciting opportunities for professional growth and outlets for team building. We strive to provide opportunity for personal growth and a balance between personal and professional life. Not only do we work together, but we also enjoy spending time together outside of work. We work hard! We play hard! We have fun!
FOR 42 YEARS, we have provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. With offices throughout California, we continue to grow!
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING an AREA SURVEY MANAGER for our BAKERSFIELDoffice. The Bakersfield area offers endless recreational opportunities, good schools, and affordable housing.
SURVEY PROJECTS INCLUDE: Roads and Utility Infrastructure for Public Agencies * Oil and Gas Production Facilities * Refineries * Pipelines * Solar Power Generation * Water Treatment Facilities * Industrial Process Plants * Commercial and Residential Developments * Schools, Universities, and Institutional Facilities * Military Base Facilities and Housing.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE daily supervision, team coordination, technical support, and training to survey crews and office staff. In this position, the Area Survey Manager is also responsible for project coordination and business development in the Central California area.
The main duties of an Area Survey Manager are supervising, managing, and directing survey staff, and assisting with survey department operations, project management, and scheduling and budgeting oversight. The Area Survey Manager will also be directly involved in developing and maintaining excellent client relations and strategic business development.
For a detailed description on job duties, visit www.CannonCorp.us and click on “Careers.”
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least 10 years’ experience in Land Surveying/Geomatics.
- California PLS required.
- 5 years demonstrated experience supervising and successfully managing projects within the constraints of time, cost, and performance requirements, providing technical oversight for projects and all related project phases and tasks, to include quality assurance reviews.
- Experience in researching and performing property boundary and right-of-way research and analysis involving pueblo/rancho and public lands, performing and supervising GPS (Static, Rapid Static and RTK) field operations, construction staking, topographic surveys and record mapping for RofS, parcel and tract maps.
- Experience working with land developers (commercial and residential) and public agencies.
- Experience in building inter-departmental relationships and coordinating with other workgroups and technical services (includes civil, mechanical, structural, I.E., and planning).
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Carlson and TDS, LGO (Leica Geodetic Office), OPUS, and StarNet/Star-Lev.
- Experience with field laser scanning, point cloud registration and QA/QC procedures.
- Experience with ArcGIS software applications.
- Experience in networking, establishing, developing, and managing successful business relationships that result in new and ongoing project work for the Survey Department.
- Proven ability to lead teams to success, including past experience directly reviewing and managing employee performance, and mentoring a team of 2 or more direct reports.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required.
WE PROVIDE competitive salaries, relocation assistance, and an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit your resume and cover letter on-line at the “Careers” section at www.CannonCorp.us. EOE/AA
Or click on this link to apply – http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CANNON&cws=1&rid=289