- Full Time
- 624 Ellis Street, Augusta, GA 30901
Help Grow Our Advertising Reach!
Advertising Sales Representative
The Augusta Press, Augusta’s newest digital news publication is growing! Started in 2021, the Augusta Press is a subscription-based, locally owned and operated publication, focused on publishing unbiased, factual-based content that engage our readership who look to us as their number one source for local and regional news. If this sounds like an organization you would like to be aligned with, join us and help us grow our revenues by offering online advertising solutions to businesses operating within our market. We are seeking an experienced and result-driven salesperson to join our team. The successful candidate is responsible for prospecting and securing ad sales for our daily online publication. We are looking for an individual dedicated to helping clients make the most of their business and advertising dollars, have a firm grasp on marketing, economics and business practices, and the ability to clearly communicate these principles with prospective and existing clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Generate and qualify leads via telephone, email and in-person, as appropriate.
· Schedule sales appointments
· Promote products/services to new and existing clients
· Perform cost-benefits and needs analysis of new and existing clients
· Develop strategies for increasing effective sales closings
· Develop and maintain positive client relationships, designed to create long-lasting value for both parties
· Source and develop client referrals
· Track personal appointment status reports & sales
· Meet & exceed established monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
· Prioritize and/or escalate client questions/concerns to increase client satisfaction
· Assist clients in ad design as needed
· Proven track record in the sales; prefer a minimum of 1 year’s experience; experience in selling digital advertising a plus
· Ability to create & deliver client presentations
· Complete self-starter; able to plan and execute with little supervison
· Excellent time management and personal organization skills
· Excellent computer competency; familiarity with Adobe products a plus
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Prior experience in direct, in-person B2B sales strongly preferred.