Childcare Workers Needed!
*ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A JOB AT A PRIVATE PRESCHOOL THAT RAISES THE BAR FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION?
Join our team today and make a positive impact on the lives of children and families at the Primrose School of Amarillo Southwest. Primrose School of Amarillo Southwest is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience. We partner with parents to help children build the right foundation for future learning and life, and offer an environment that helps children have fun while nurturing Active Minds, Healthy Bodies and Happy Hearts®.
The Primrose School of Amarillo Southwest is seeking a full-time Floater/Assistant Teacher. Children in this classroom are from age 6 weeks to 24 months. This position will ensure adherence to our mission of bringing the best and most trusted in early childhood education and child care services to families we serve. We are seeking an individual who is energetic, organized, a problem solver and possesses great communication skills. This individual needs to be passionate about early childhood education and dedicated to the success of our next generation.
Learn more about our Infant Program here.
A few of the advantages of being part of the Primrose team include:
- The opportunity to make a difference
- A working environment in which team members respect one another
- A School Leadership Team that supports the professional and personal growth of the staff
- Low student/teacher ratios
- Clear expectations, necessary resources, and support to meet children’s needs
- Extensive training and opportunities for continual learning and development for staff
The Teacher is responsible for general classroom management and supervision, which includes the personal care, hygiene, and positive discipline of the children. He or she plans and implements the Primrose Balanced Learning curriculum, which includes activities for children that stress physical, social, and emotional growth and provides materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in active play. The Teacher prepares materials and classrooms for class activities and conducts all activities in a safe, organized, and productive manner.
- Supervises and manages daily functions for a class of children
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis
- Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the Primrose School curriculum outlines and materials
- Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations
- Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration, and decision-making by the children
- Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas, and playgrounds
- Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, naptime, and bathroom activities
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, and/or school functions as determined by the Director
- Observes all rules and regulations pertaining to the health, safety, and care of children
- Maintains a professional personal appearance, attitude, and work behavior at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years’ work experience in a licensed child care facility as a Teacher
- Able to interact with students of all ages and skill levels
- Classroom teaching experience in an accredited early childhood facility a plus
- Pleasant/friendly demeanor and an outgoing personality
- Highly professional and dependable
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer and internet skills
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $8.75 per hour
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place