Staff Recruiter - Temporary
We are seeking a temporary Staff Recruiter (approximately 8 months) to assist with various HR projects including re-fingerprinting and re-running checks on NY State Child Abuse registry for sections of our workforce under new regulations. HR Recruiters will also provide compliant, effective, and integrated sourcing, screening, and hiring strategies and practices that support the agency in carrying out the mission with qualified, high quality, and committed employees.
This position is full-time and will be out of our Albany - Academy Rd. office.
include the following:
- Assist with various HR projects including re-fingerprinting and re-running checks on NY State Child Abuse registry for sections of our workforce under new regulations
- Maintain a proactive understanding and knowledge of staffing needs across the agency
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships and strong communication with all departments regarding recruitment initiatives and activities
- Responsible for effective and efficient recruitment processes with clear communication and follow up to all involved both internally and externally
- Responsible for keeping abreast of current recruitment and retention practices and trends
- Use and actively maintain agency recruitment tools, especially including the Application and Applicant tracking database
- Source candidates using effective methods for approaching the right caliber of candidates in support the Agency’s diversity initiatives
- Conduct outreach in the community to source quality candidates (i.e. attend job fairs, network with College Job Placement Offices, etc.)
- Screen internal and external candidates for qualification and fit prior to passing on to hiring managers for interviews
- Interact with supervisors and potential employees during pre-hire and on-boarding process to ensure positive and successful hires
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and three to four years of related recruitment experience.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, Northern Rivers Family of Services will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.