- Full Time
- 50000 Year
- 414 S. Main Street, Opelousas, LA 70570
Pregnancy Center, Executive Director
The Opelousas Pregnancy Center invites YOU to become a part of an exciting resource for mothers and babies in Opelousas, Louisiana! OPC offers a caring home and loving environment that provides pregnant women in the area with counseling, pregnancy testing, prayer, support, referrals for medical care, ultrasound, equipment, and supplies, all FREE of charge! Each mother has access to information and education about healthy pregnancy, infant care, parenting, home management, budgeting, and anything else she may need to make her confident of her ability to choose life for her child.
You can make it possible for us to achieve our greatest goals: saving the lives of babies and bringing the Gospel to their families. You are not only committed to these goals, you have the knowledge and skills to be the primary mover in making it happen! You are a great communicator, a self-starter, with a proven track record in strategic, tactical, and financial planning. You have experience in fundraising, public speaking, and leading both staff and volunteers. If you lack any of this record or experience, your eagerness to learn and willingness to be taught will quickly get you capabe. You are caring and compassionate, demonstrating the love of Jesus to clients and constituents. You respond well to the leadership of a committed, knowledgeable, and dedicated Board. See all the details in the attached job description. Starting salary level is at least $45K, with higher levels possible based on your experience and expertise.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as the right person appears.
Opelousas, Louisiana is a small town with a big heart. Plenty of local folks will be standing ready to help you in the development and running of the Center. There is much need for the Center's services, with an ample population affected by poverty and in need of healthy choices. Your familiarity with local folks will be a great advantage to you in the pursuit of this position.
If YOU are the person described, don't hesitate. With your resumé, send a thoughtful cover letter that helps us understand why you are the perfect choice. We'll respond with an application for you to complete and submit and a possible invitation to interview with the Search Committee. Submit your letter and resumé to the Search Committee by email at email@example.com or mail to Opelousas Pregnancy Center, 414 S. Main Street, Opelousas, LA 70570.
Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring the effective operation of the pregnancy center, including overseeing the programs, administration, strategic planning, financial management, and human resources of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, media relations, and community outreach. This full-time, exempt position reports directly to the Board of Directors and supervises all staff and volunteers.
- Assist the Board in the effective execution of OPC's mission and vision.
- Work with Board members and committees to prepare and submit to the Board annual strategic, tactical, and financial plans for approval; execute and monitor implementation of the plans; report progress to the Board regularly.
- Administer all Board policies.
- Communicate effectively with the Board, attending every Board meeting and reporting as required.
- Provide to the Board, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary or requested for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Assist the Board in the regular evaluation of OPC programs and activities.
- Maintain confidentiality with the Board in all sensitive areas of operation.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation to provide for immediate and effective transition in the Executive Director position.
- Establish and maintain the centrality of Christ in OPC operations, interactions, and reputation.
- Ensure the highest level of integrity and honor in all OPC operations and interactions.
- Create and maintain employment and administrative procedures for the successful implementation of OPC's programs.
- Manage and deploy OPC's resources effectively and efficiently.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and retain qualified, competent, and effective staff.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteer staff with compassion and gratitude while enforcing high expectations and performance.
- Manage budgeting and financial recording, and provide accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Calculate financial projections and manage cash inflow and outflow successfully.
- Refrain from entering into contracts, debt, notes, or other agreements without the express consent of the Board of Directors.
- Ensure accurate recordkeeping and compliance with the requirements of governmental, regulatory, and professional organizations.
- Be a witness for Christ to staff, volunteers, clients, and the public.
- Serve as primary spokesperson for OPC's constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Enhance the public perception of OPC by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Provide for the successful and effective marketing of OPC's programs to ensure sufficient client and service levels.
- Communicate the goals, activities, programs, and needs of OPC to donors and volunteers.
- Provide for successful donor management that fully supports the needs of OPC.
- Conduct fundraising events and campaigns to enhance donor management.
- Maintain productive relationships with churches and ministries in the service area.
- Educate potential clients and the public regarding issues of importance to OPC's programs.
- Unqualified agreement with OPC's mission, vision, statement of faith, and pro-life values
- Strong, personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Church membership in good standing
- Ability to articulate a saving faith to others in all walks of life
- Personal history and lifestyle of faith, honor, integrity, Christian values, and impeccable reputation
- Ability to create and communicate a vision for OPC that compels the attention, commitment, and action of others
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a related field, or the equivalent in related experience
- Professional experience and skills in administration, program implementation, staff supervision, financial planning and management, marketing, development, fundraising, public speaking, and media relations
- Capacity for spiritual leadership, discipleship, compassion, encouragement, and direction for clients, staff, and volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills effective with a diverse population
Or, apply to this job:
OPC Search Committee, 531 Nap Lane, Opelousas, LA 70570