Share with friends:
- Detail-oriented work in a CAP-accredited laboratory with industry standard instrumentation.
- No weekends or holiday hours.
- Assist pathologist in making accurate patient diagnosis.
- Responsible for preparation of tissue and slides for microscopic pathological review, including tissue processing, embedding, cutting, routine, and special histological stains, Immunohistochemical stains and other histological techniques.
- Maintaining a specimen accession, storage and retrieval system.
- Performance and interpretation of Quality Control Slides and participation in all competency and quality assessment activities.
- Maintaining clinical competency through on-going education and professional development.
- Providing education and training to students, other professional and non-professional staff.
- Performance of procedures in accordance with regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Assigned special projects/functions as determined by Laboratory Management.
- Associate's degree in Histology or ability to obtain degree within 12 months of hire date.
- Successful completion of the qualifying exam offered by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) within 16 months of hire date. Consideration will be given to candidates who have alternative training or prior experience.
- Board Certified ASCP or equivalent.