Looking for an rewarding career? Join our team today!
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Performs highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to achieve business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses mechanical systems, including but not limited to, gas fired burners, conveyor chains and drives, pumps, blasting equipment, painting equipment, basic pneumatics, basic hydraulics, electrical, and fans.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production times and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Performs welding activities using arc, mig, and tig welding, and plasma cutting, and oxy-acetylene torch techniques to ensure proper and safe penetration.
- Performs simple machining duties and responsibilities.
- Performs building maintenance duties including but not limited to grounds keeping, snow removal, and building upkeep.
- Prioritizes daily work orders/assignments while balancing daily breakdowns.
- Communicates with lead/manager any problems with timelines, updates, and repair statuses. Also passes information on to other shifts mechanics.
- Installs machines properly according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Able to properly and proficiently execute pipefitting.
- Acts as a back up for Press Mechanic.
- Assists in the organization and implementation of the preventative maintenance program.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance service.
- Performs each duty diligently following safety procedures and practices.
- Operates hand and power tools including, but not limited to air tools, welders, and measuring equipment.
- Ensures work areas are accessible and safe for employee and customer traffic by maintaining a clean work area at all times.
- Establishes efficient work flow based on product and task.
- Efficiently uses parts, materials and other supplies and notifies the correct person when supplies run low.
- Properly wears required Personal Protective Equipment.
- Works in a manufacturing environment working in high temperatures (indoor and outdoor), cold weather, and unclean conditions.
- May have exposure to hazardous substances commonly associated with extrusion, paint and fabrication processes. See MSDS for specific information.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May work under high pressure deadlines.
- Some overnight travel to remote facilities may be required.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- An Associates Degree in a technical field and/or strong knowledge of industrial maintenance normally acquired through two (2) to three (3) years of experience in a similar position required. State indentured apprenticeship as a Journeyman Mechanic strongly preferred.
- Proven knowledge of basic electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatics required.
- Basic knowledge in electo-mechanical, servo controls, VFD and PLC diagnosis.
- Previous experience with hand and power tools required. Must have own tools.
- Previous arc, mig, and tig welding, plasma cutting, and oxy-acetylene torch experience strongly preferred.
- Must be highly motivated, self directed and able to work independently.
- Ability to perform math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, algebra and geometry. Must also be able to convert metric measurements to English system.
- Able to accurately measure using a tape measure or other measuring equipment.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced environment.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
The physical demands listed below are representative of those that will be required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium/Heavy Work - Heavy work involves lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling objects of 50 to 75 pounds occasionally, 25 to 50 pounds frequently, or 10 to 25 pounds constantly.
This position also has a significant amount of walking, standing, bending, twisting, and pivoting.