- Full Time
- $65000-75000 Year
- 140 Panet Road, Winnipeg, MB R2J 0S3
Penner Farm Services and Horizon Livestock & Poultry Supply, the leading providers of livestock equipment, supplies, and services in Western Canada is currently looking for a SeniorPurchaser for its Winnipeg, MB location.
The Senior Purchaser is responsible for researching, sourcing, recommending and purchasing product for the company. The position will evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts, review and forecast inventory requirements and assess product quality. This position will closely monitor new and existing vendor performance and develop strategies to ensure cost savings and performance targets are met or exceeded. This position will involve some travel to trade shows and vendor manufacturing facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business Administration or a combination of equivalent education and experience;
- 5+ years’ experience in purchasing and supplier contract negotiation;
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Flair for negotiation and networking;
- Strong tact and diplomacy skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong time management and organization skills;
- French/Spanish/Chinese Language skills is an asset;
- Agricultural background is an asset.
Penner Farm Services and Horizon Livestock & Poultry Supply offers a competitive wage along with Health and Dental Benefits and a profit-sharing plan. We offer an excellent work environment with opportunities for development and advancement.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please submit your resume by November 8, 2019.
We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.