- Full Time
- Box 2 Grp 35 RR 1, East Selkirk, MB R0E 0M0
RM of St. Clements - Chief Administrative Office
Chief Administrative Officer
The Council of the Rural Municipality of St. Clements, with the support of Way To Go Consulting Inc., is seeking a Chief Administrative Officer.
The Rural Municipality of St. Clements is located in Manitoba’s capital region along the east side of the Red River and Lake Winnipeg. We have the communities of Lockport, East Selkirk, Libau, Beaconia, Gull Lake and Grand Marais within our boundaries. Our population is 10,900 and growing.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Direct the general administrative affairs of the Municipality and perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with The Municipal Act
- Recommend objectives, policies and programs to Council and provide support and advice on new initiatives and fiscal matters
- Direct the implementation and monitor the progress of policies and programs approved by Council
- Recruit and develop all municipal management employees, and develop a plan to attract and retain quality employees
- Provide responsible financial planning and management of a budget of over $13.8 million
- Develop positive relationships and maintain open communication with all stakeholders and constituencies of interest to the Municipality
Ideally, you will possess technical skills and experience in municipal administration, financial management and human resource management. Strong communication, analytical and leadership skills are just some of the requirements of the position. Candidates who have post-secondary education in a relevant discipline bring an educational advantage to the position.
The right candidate can expect a comprehensive salary and benefits package.
Individuals interested in this position should send their resume and cover letter by email to Ernie Epp, Way to Go Consulting Inc., to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications will be reviewed as early as November 28, 2019, however the posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is located.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.