- Full Time
- PO Box 17265, Wichita, KS 67217
Lawn, Landscape and Weed Control Technician
General Task Requirements:
Lawn Care Technicians will be responsible for assisting in daily lawn maintenance operations including quality control, training, punctuality and safety.
Landscapers will be responsible for assisting in tasks such as planting turf grass, bushes, shrubs, trees, flowers and other plants at their proper depth and in a strategic pattern that is usually designed by a landscape architect or designer. They may also install walkways, patios, outdoor lighting, sprinklers or other irrigation systems and decks. Sloped areas or hills are leveled out by landscape technicians, and water features like ponds, fountains and waterfalls are set up by them too. In addition to creating landscapes and outdoor areas, landscape technicians maintain them as well
Irrigation Technicians will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing our customer’s residential & commercial irrigation systems. A Backflow Certification is preferred but not required.
Chemical Technicians are responsible for controlling the weed and insect populations and preventing potentially harmful diseases and fungi by applying pesticides, insecticides, fertilizers and other chemicals, mixing fertilizer and chemical applications and maintaining records. A Commercial Applicator Certification is preferred but not required.
Daily/Weekly Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Daily preparation of equipment
- Report on time at regular start time (7 am)
- Load all tools, gas and other necessary equipment/materials. Secure all equipment safely.
- Perform and manage landscape and maintenance tasks on client’s properties.
- Work in conjunction with the Crew Lead to ensure the work contracted is implemented efficiently and according to the contracted specifications.
- Proper use of safety equipment and Personal Protective Equipment and practices of the crew.
Daily/Weekly End of the day duties include but are not limited to:
- Complete time sheet
- Complete Inventory Report and report all materials used on the job that day
- Review the whole week’s jobs and prepare for the next day’s jobs
- Unload/load equipment and material, clean out truck/trailer by removing trash, debris, etc. daily
- Wash dirty equipment (including all mower decks) and return to storage location.
- Report damaged or broken equipment using the appropriate waiver to your manager immediately to get parts on order
- Must be 18+ years old
- Valid drivers license preferred
- Good driving record
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to read & write English, including maps & diagrams.
- Complete appropriate paperwork and reports
- High quality customer service
- Follow directions and process/procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment with members of varying skill levels
- Highly motivated quick learner
- Drug free work environment, a random drug test policy is in force
- Ability to lift 60+ lbs consistently throughout the day
- High attention to detail
- Available to work a varied schedule (including Saturdays) in any and all adverse weather conditions
- Stoop, stand and bend for 10+ hours a day
- Strong knowledge of lawn care maintenance required