Montana Based Software Company with Advancement Opportunities
SUMMARY & OBJECTIVE
The person in this position leads a team responsible for analyzing, defining and proposing software problem fixes, search for results regarding performance, reliability, bugs and any other failures. This person records details metrics and monitors them to track the progress and outcomes of the testing process and test team, which is communicated verbally or in writing to management. Testing Manager may help develop training and specification documentation. This person works with Operations and Engineering management to define and improve processes and products.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead, manage, develop test teams.
• Specify, design, implement, automated test framework to achieve higher test throughput with increased accessibility and test execution flexibility.
• Conducting system diagnostic analysis and troubleshooting to identify areas for continuous improvements and resolve complex software issues.
• Coach, mentor, and guide members of growing testing team.
• Research, develop and/or recommend tools to assist testers in test creation, execution and reporting.
• Advocate for test priorities and sprint planning.
• Design, maintain and execute manual and automated test cases for functional, API and end-to-end tests.
• Design and execute complex troubleshooting and debugging tasks.
• Report and track defects in the JIRA tracking system
• Collaborate with project managers, software designers, developers, and customers to define and develop use cases, testing scenarios to assure adequate coverage based on software requirements
• Develop test plans, test cases and testing scripts, for manual and automated testing, maintain testing records, document and report discovered problems
• Conduct analysis of performance testing results, evaluate the application performance and system capacity, and compile performance test reports
• Define the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery.
• Deploy, manage, and develop scope, plans, resource allocation for testing to meet the organization and clients’ needs.
• Apply appropriate test measurements and metrics in the product and the TestingTeams.
• Plan, deploy, and manage the testing effort for any given engagement.
• Work with various service centers like Engineering, Operations, Sales, Support and Account managers.
• Provide regular status reports on all projects.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Demonstrate general database design and database concepts knowledge
• Able to handle projects of varied sizes. These projects can range in scope from few weeks to 6 months or more.
• Configure and maintain production-like test environments.
• Advance knowledge of software testing practices and proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to successful completion.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Computer Science or relevant certification is required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a software Quality Engineering and Testing capacity.
• Experience in software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development,
• Extensive software test and troubleshooting experience and demonstrated effectiveanalytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience with Selenium and WebDriver.
• Excellent problem-solving, analytical and presentation skills .
• Willing and able to learn functions, operation, interoperability of complex software solution.
• Leadership experience, including communicating and defining team’s objectives, milestones as well as eliminating any productivity barriers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication with team members, clients and project stakeholders.
• Self-starter with good time management skills and attention to detail.
• Familiarity with all phases of the software life cycle
• Ability to quickly and effectively build trusting relationships with culturally diverse people, engaging a collaborative work style Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills .
• Team-oriented leadership experience.
• Proven ability to work independently and drive results.
• Demonstrating sound judgment and supporting decisive actions from both business and technology perspective.