Great Benefit Package & Sign-On Bonus in Montana
Heavy Structural Steel Fabrication Foreman
SIGN ON BONUS, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
HEAVY STRUCTURAL STEEL FABRICATION FOREMAN
Fabrication Foremen will have 5 or more years’ experience in leadership and/or management in a fabrication shop. They will be knowledgeable and competent in their abilities to maintain high levels of production without deviating from ADF established quality standards. Fabrication Foremen will lead by example while maintaining excellent communication between Production Management and teams to ensure that planning and coordinating resources meet the production schedule.
- Report to Production Manager
- Overall responsibility for production of seven or more Fabrication stations
- Plan, coordinate and monitor, on a daily basis, your section’s work activities, fabrication progress and resources necessary to meet the production schedule and timescale for the completion of the work.
- Maintain the quality of work produced by your section.
- Conduct regular inspections of the work (practices/methods) to check for any deviations from ADF-established quality standards.
- Provide new-employee orientations and inform, train and promote safe work methods and environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that safety rules and regulations are respected.
- Interact/meet with your group on a regular basis, and as required, to provide guidance, updates, changes in schedule or methods, etc.
- Investigates all incidents which occurred in your section and complete appropriate reports.
- Enforce disciplinary actions when appropriate.
- Perform scheduled performance appraisals.
- Responsible for time keeping of group
- Direct flow of materials; log locations and completions.
- Report and coordinate equipment repairs and inspections
- Any other related duties, as required and/or special projects as needed.
Education/Training and Work Experience:
- 5 years supervision and planning experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved
- Knowledge of codes of standards for AISC, AWS, and CWB
- Industry certification for AWS (American Welding Society) and CWB (Canadian Welding Bureau) Certifications preferred
Key Technical Skills/Abilities:
- Knowledge of AISC Codes of Standard
- Knowledge of AWS Codes of Standard
- Knowledge of CWB Codes of Standard
- Weld Techniques with FCAW and MCAW
- Blueprint comprehension
- Structural Steel Fitting expertise
- Ability to manage output
- Operational knowledge of material handling including rigging jigs and overhead cranes
- Effective communications with managers and subordinates
- Zero Loss Mindset/Culture
- Asset Utilization
- Ability to learn on the go
- Adaptability to newfound knowledge and application thereof
- Act with maturity
- Attentiveness to detail
- Communication skills (spoken)
- Communication skills (written)
- Dynamic and motivated
- Leadership skills
- Manual dexterity
- Respect towards authority
- Sense of accountability
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 - $32.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 5 years
- 10 hour shift
- Evening shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Great Falls, MT 59404: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person