- 38622 S VALLEY CREEK ROAD, ARLEE, MT 59821
Concrete construction finisher/laborer
Whetzel Concrete Construction Co. is looking for concrete laborers/finishers and form carpenters for the upcoming construction season. Candidates must be hard working, dependable, self-motivated, and able to follow instructions. Experience is preferred, verifiable by resume, job history or training, and/or probationary work period review. Also, candidates with enthusiasm and willing to participate in on-the-job training are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must have a valid ID and/or able to get to various job sites, a strong work ethic, be safety minded and willing to be part of a team. Applicants should be able to communicate well, follow directions and be able to work on their own. Work requires kneeling, climbing, walking, twisting and sometimes lifting 20-100 pounds.
We are looking for individuals responsible to safely form, pour and finish surfaces of poured concrete slabs and walls to specifications using hand tools or power tools including floats, trowels and screeds. The ability to communicate and a basic understanding of plan reading and mathematics is beneficial in performing day to day tasks.
Duties and/or Responsibilities include:
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with people under high stress situations – with co-workers and others. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others.
- Ensure safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Frequently working in an environment with: stooping, kneeling, crouching, standing, climbing, talking, hearing loud noises and exposure to varying elements of all weather conditions.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Must be physically able to work long days and be willing to get dirty.
- Must successfully be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, physical pre-placement & range of motion exam and background check.
- Performs duties as assigned.
- Complete probationary work period.
- Take written exam, training, as available.
Work can entail long days; some weekend work may be necessary depending on work load. Some out of town travel may be required.
Wages: $20-$40 per hour, DOE; double overtime pay; year-end bonus; travel pay for semi-local jobs, typically +/- 30 mile radius.