- Full Time
- Squamish, BC V8B 0N8
Great team with great benefits!
Food Service Director
Dana Hospitality is a Canadian owned food service provider that focuses on making culinary creations from scratch using fresh local ingredients. We are passionate about the whole foods and ingredients we select, and the suppliers we chose. You will want to work for Dana because we have developed an industry reputation for exceptional cuisine and excellent customer service. We are looking for a Food Service Director to join our team in Squamish, BC. This is a pivotal role within our team and the successful candidate will be looking for growth opportunities while being passionate about food.
The position will...
- Lead assigned foodservice operations to maximize client and customer satisfaction and financial results
- Establish short and long term goals and strategies that lead to increased growth of the unit
- Maintain an efficient food service operation by developing a high quality team through effective recruiting, training, scheduling, coaching, managing performance, and motivating employees
- Manage a variety of National Franchise Brand outlets in keeping with established standards, procedures, and operating practices
- Implement and uphold our values and mission as well as Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for budgeting and ordering food, talent management, customer service, client relationships, culinary excellence, inventory, Company standards, application of applicable legislation and regulations, cash handling, and operational excellence
- Ensure that established sanitation and safety standards are maintained
- Develop and implement marketing and catering plans, reports progress, and participate in ongoing improvement efforts
- Establish and maintain a mutually beneficial client relationship
- Directly overseeing a team that may include the Chef Manager, Chef, and additional service staff
- Work with the corporate support group or operations team to ensure smooth operations
- Monitor and follow-up to ensure accountability to plans and key performance indicators
This position reports into the District Manager and is field based.
The competencies and qualifications needed...
- 3 years experience in a high volume, food service/cafeteria or catering environment, and 3 years working in a Management role or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience managing Tim Horton’s, Pizza Pizza, Starbucks and other Franchise outlets an asset
- ServeSafe and FoodSafe certified
- People management experience – recruiting, coaching & developing, motivating and managing
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Possess a strong commitment to customer service through the development and maintenance of effective business relationships
- Problem solving and analytical skills with a strong focus on commitment and quality
- Able to multi-task and set priorities
Apply... Please reply with a copy of your cover letter and resume.
Dana Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. For additional information on our organization, please visit us at www.danahospitality.ca. Dana would like to hear from all interested candidates; accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and the duration of employment. To discuss your needs please contact Alex Barrett, HR and Recruitment Coordinator, at 905-829-8476 ext 257.