At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
CITY NEWS VIDEO JOURNALIST
CityNews is looking for a next-level journalist capable of using traditional and non-traditional mediums to provide industry leading local news coverage. Reporting to the Regional Supervising Producer, News, the Video Journalist will demonstrate exceptional reporting skills while producing compelling stories that will make people talk, for web, television and other media platforms.
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Shoots and edits video material for news coverage
- Organizes material and writes engaging, relevant and concise news stories under tight deadlines according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Presents scripted and unscripted coverage live on-air and on other media platforms from remote locations and/or in-studio environment
- Generates compelling story ideas and knowledgeable contacts and responds to breaking news situations quickly and accurately
- Generates compelling multi-media content for Citynews.ca
- Be fluent in social media trends with a personal Twitter account and the knowledge to use it to generate stories and ideas
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience generating powerful, credible original content
- Proven experience operating a video camera and editing to deadlines is an asset.
- Relevant degree / diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- A person who relentlessly pursues a story beyond the headline
- A person who’s not afraid to push for answers
- A person who truly understands multi-platform coverage and doesn’t feel bound by the confines of a typical Television reporter package
- A person who won’t let a dead end stop them from producing a compelling story
- Excellent knowledge of the cultural and political landscape of the city
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 180 West 2nd Avenue (810), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & On-Air Talent
Requisition ID: 170464
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]