Responsible for moving vehicles brought into the dealership for sales or service. Verifies receipt of vehicles delivered to the dealership; parks vehicles in areas directed by manager in an orderly and safe manner. Performs miscellaneous errands, assignments and tasks for the service and sales departments as directed by management. Retrieves vehicles from stored area for delivery to customer when repairs are completed or sales finalized. Maintains the physical appearance of the lot vehicles; prepares vehicles for delivery on a daily basis; washes, cleans and dries vehicles, both inside and out, starts each displayed vehicle every morning and advises the department manager if a vehicle will not start.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs assigned work with speed, accuracy, quality and in accordance with factory and dealership standards.
- Completes all assigned work in a safe manner consistent with both federal, state, manufacturer and Company safety guidelines.
- Physically inspects vehicles to identify any defects, flaws, blemishes and damages either on the exterior or interior and verify presence of normal or listed accessories. Records identified damage or missing accessories on appropriate form.
- Immediately advises manager of any recognized damage to vehicles, any vehicles damaged while moving, unsafe equipment or tools and/or missing accessories.
- Services vehicles daily and when directed fuel, wash, dry, check-replenish liquids and tires for sales display or delivery to customer.
- Obeys all state, federal and Department of Motor Vehicles laws and regulations, adheres to all Company policies, procedures and ethical standards and established industry guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Clearly communicates verbally in person and by telephone with co-workers and customers regarding the status of a vehicle.
- English reading and math skills sufficient to read all technical related documents, Material Safety Data Sheets, insurance, manufactures information and directions and information pertaining to job duties.
- Consistent, regular and timely, daily or as scheduled attendance.
- Legibly completes required forms, documents and reports as needed.
- Accurately compares, reads and records identification numbers up to "18" alpha and numeric series (i.e. Vehicle Identification Numbers, part numbers).
- Works extended hours (potentially 10 hour days) AND spur of the moment overtime AND consecutive work days on a regular and irregular basis.
- Extensive (up to 8 consecutive hours) standing and walking (up to 4 miles daily) on cement, unusual parking lot surfaces, tile, lino and other interior and exterior flooring surfaces.
- Repeated, regular and extended sliding, twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and reaching.
- Repeated and regular getting in and out of the front and back seat of different sized vehicles.
- Repeated lifting, leveraging and carrying of up to 65 pounds for both short and longer distances and over a variety of walking surfaces.
- Repeated, regular and frequent washing, cleaning, and drying vehicles (inside and out).
We offer a competitive benefit package including: 401K Plan; medical insurance (company pays 50% of cost); paid vacation days and more. The Jim Click and Holmes Tuttle Automotive Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V